Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tmartellc

Do i need to all wall trim to the rest of the walls?

Marty
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I opened up my family room, kitchen, and dinning room. The dinning room had wall molding on the bottom half on 2 wall left has molding still on it. Since i opened up rooms do all the rooms need the wall molding trim. I feel since i wanted it to be open i should all be considered one room with the wall trim it feel like it divides the room or and i just thinking too much. As you can see not that much wall left anyways.
The crown molding on the other side just isn’t primed and painted yet

Comments (7)

• Marty
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Better idea of complete room

• shirlpp
    4 years ago

Yes, it needs to be the same. I' remove the wainscoting.

• Molly D. Zone4B
    4 years ago

I think it should be consistent one way or another. With the brick, I don’t think the wainscoting is necessary but if you like it, I would be consistent. Your wall with the doors/ windows is a nice feature of your space. Good luck!

• cat_ky
    4 years ago

I would also remove the wainscotting. It doesnt fit into the room now. It does need to be either wainscotting on all, or none on all. I would go with the none on all.

• Marty
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks @Sammy yes words do get misspelled using the swipe keyboard

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

Remove all the wainscoting it does not work in those spaces . Please mount that TV on the wall to the right of the FP and if you are going to sit that far a way you need a bigger TV