FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

Need advice on filling mortise and tennon joints on kitchen cabinets

Lee

Hi there, my husband and I recieved a second hand kitcken made from cherrywood I think and we got some used mdf doors where needed to finish the job. The cherrywood doors had an intentional gap on the mortise and tennon joints of the doors which I didnt like. Against advice about expansion and contraction I polyfilled the gaps and was left with smooth shaker style doors. Fastforward 2 years and the paint has chipped off and polyfiller is falling out and kitchen looks terrible. My question is is there a filler or epoxy I can use that wont crack? Please keep in mind im not a carpenter, just a diyer. Ill try upload some photos so you can see what I mean. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for your help.