karina_billini

HOME OFFICE EMERGENCY: DESK AND WALL COLOR CLASHING :(

Karina A

Hi all. I'm trying to get my home office together and am about at my wits end about it. Could really use some help with this. The paint color I chose came out darker than i would like, but I don't want to paint it. And now it makes my vintage white/beigish desk look really yellow and beige. And I hate it.

I want to work with the wall color I got, but have no idea what to do with my desk and for the rest of office space. I also have this charcoal gray recliner in the room that I want to work with the space as well.

Any advice of what to do with my desk? Can I paint it another color and if yes, what color and what products?

Any suggestions for a color scheme for the room, keeping in mind of the wall color and gray recliner.

I'd love to add a storage ottoman bench and a small rug as well. I'd love to add some plants as well.

I am writer so will be working on my writing in this space. And also share an apartment with my boyfriend and what the space to feel gender-neutral enough that he can hang in it. It is also the only space that is open in the appointment as it has no doors. The rest of our apartment is painted a light bluish gray.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE SO HELPFUL AND APPRECIATED.