Donald & Ivanka involved in inflated payments to benefit themselves

chipotle

"Then-President-elect Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka were warned in 2016 that the family business was overcharging the nonprofit presidential inaugural committee — and let it happen anyway, according to a suit filed Wednesday by the Washington, D.C., attorney general.

In the civil complaint, Attorney General Karl Racine charged the Trump inaugural committee and the Trump Organization with using around $1 million of charitable funds to improperly enrich the Trump family."

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-inauguration-complaint?utm_content=buffere3d09&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR2_ZXAD47pfALs1HUPXGkFM7YCKXqh_jYNmhwem0n7hsc_B6OAljhle4Mw#175685

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!

This is a, Dog bites man, headline. Let me know when the man bites the dog. /s

• Joaniepoanie

“charged the Trump inaugural committee and the Trump Organization with using around $1 million of charitable funds to improperly enrich the Trump family.”

*********

I’m in a state of complete shock! Where are my smelling salts?

• patriciae_gw

What is a million between friends? Can I say let me know when it is a billion and I will care? Or not.

• Kathy

Trump has a history of not paying arenas and police for his rallies. I’m surprised he paid this one. Oh wait, it was a a Trump Hotel! That’s different.

• aegis1000

It is, indeed, Trump's modus operandi. Why such an affluent man consistently cheats those he deals with is beyond me ...

• how2girl

Surely not, such fine upstanding citizens wouldn’t do such a thing ./s

• Nana H

Wasn't the Inaugural Committee being investigated? Did Barr squash that one?

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

How do you think he got so affluent?

Ill gotten gains and all that...

Always good to see a little comeuppance. Let us hope for further justice.

• vgkg (Va Z-7)

Trump-U, Trump Foundation, Inaugural Funds, etc. Team trump has nothing over Hunter when it comes to taking easy money, the difference is that team trump steals the money.

• Izzy Mn

Laws, schmals, who needs them. Certainly not the Trump's.

• Kathy

Inflating the cost of their properties is normal for the Trump family when They are spending our tax money. This is not a one off. Here is more.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-doral-room-rates_n_5e285b24c5b6779e9c2b6521

• nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Maybe it would be easier to list what Trump and family have done that is legal.

• Kathy

They are fleecing American taxpayers and the GOP is covering for them.

• THOR, Son of ODIN

And their base cheers them on.