parissa_modarres

What's wrong with my pittosporum undulatum?

Leaves of existing pittosporum are turning yellow, and black. Newer plants (planted in July '19) show growth, but some leaves are turning yellow as well. We plan on planting a few more to create a privacy hedge along the fence. I'd like to know how to help these plants thrive and grow well...

Also, something is eating the leaves of this plant as well as virtually all other plants in my garden. (Will post a separate thread for that problem.) Including a few photos of the eaten pittosporum here. Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance!

Comment (1)

• Embothrium

Discoloration looks like sun burn in a couple of the shots, otherwise maybe a soil minerals problem (too much or not enough of something). Picture with leaf tips removed resembles deer browsing. At least to the extent that that is what they do - they bite off sections of foliage resulting in a clipped appearance.

For additional comment from an official source try taking fully representative samples of affected parts to your nearest USDA Cooperative Extension Service branch office. They will be open weekdays only during something like 9-5, so you will have to be able to make it during such a time window in order to make in person use of this publicly funded resource.