ann9bnapa

Just For Fun: A Collage of Pink David Austin Roses

Ann9BNCalif
last year
last modified: last year

After reviewing my 2019 photo library, I decided to try a new collage program called Fotojet. Here's my first collage - can you order the names of the 13 pink roses correctly? Here's an alphabetical list.

Anne Boleyn

Belle Story

Brother Cadfael

Eglantyne

Gertrude Jekyll

Olivia Rose Austin

Pretty Jessica

Scarborough Fair

Sharifa Asma

Scepter'd Isle

The Alnwick Rose (Alnwick Castle)

Wise Portia

Young Lycidas

Hint: Olivia Rose Austin is at the top left; name the roses going clockwise with the center rose last.

Have fun!

Ann

Comments (18)

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    last year

How fun!!

olivia

belle

sceptre isle

ann b

sharifa asma

eglantyne ?

wise Portia

scarborough fair

alnwick

pretty jessica

brother cadfael

Gertrude

ok something went wrong for me bc all I have left is young lycidas and that’s not the center one ! Lol whoops

Ann9BNCalif thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    last year

Olivia , Belle story, pretty Jessica. Septer d Isle, Alnwick, Sharifa, Young Lycidas, Brother, Anne Boleyn, Scarborough fair, Gertrude jekyll , Wise Portia center Eglantine

Ann9BNCalif thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    last year

A good brain tease

They are all so lovely but that center rose is my favorite

Ann9BNCalif thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • Ann9BNCalif
    Original Author
    last year

Hi Jen - 1. Olivia, 2. Belle, 4. AnneB, 6. Eglantyne, 8. Scarborough Fair, and 9. The Alnwick Rose are correct!

Kristine - 1. Olivia, 2. Belle, 3. Jessica, 7. Young Lycidas, 11. Gertrude, and 12. Wise Portia are correct!

Between you two, it's almost solved! #5, 10, and 13 are remaining.

Ann

• cyndita (west coast zone 9)
    last year

13 (center) - sharifa asma?

Ann9BNCalif thanked cyndita (west coast zone 9)
  • nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    last year

Boy this highlights for me how similar many of the pink Austins are! This is fun to try - I'll play. I have all of these but Scarborough Fair (and Anne Boleyn that died), but I wouldn't be able to pick them out for sure even if they were my own photos:

Olivia, Belle Story, Pretty Jessica, Anne Boleyn, Sharifa Asma, Scepter'd Isle, Young Lycidias, Scarborough Fair, Eglantyne, Alnwick Castle, Gertrude Jekyll, Wise Portia

Center: Brother Cadfael

If this were "Who wants to be a Rose Millionaire" I'd have to phone a friend...

Cynthia

Ann9BNCalif thanked nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
  • nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    last year

To be fair, I created this post while Ann was posting the answers so I wasn't really cheating (smile).

Cynthia

Ann9BNCalif thanked nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
  • Ann9BNCalif
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks cyndita! You are correct that Sharifa Asma is #13!

Cynthia - you're so close! All you need to do is figure out #5 and #10! Pick up the phone now.

Ann

• threeboxerlover DEZ7a
    last year

I don't know what they are because I'm not knowledgeable enough yet, but I can say for sure they are all beautiful!

Ann9BNCalif thanked threeboxerlover DEZ7a
  • cyndita (west coast zone 9)
    last year

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos, Ann! And, I have to admit that I had read the other replies - it‘s a lot easier to guess when it’s down to 3 options :o)

Ann9BNCalif thanked cyndita (west coast zone 9)
  • Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    last year
    last modified: last year

5, Brother Cadfael, 10, Scepterd Isle. This is so much fun. I think based on my quickly IDing 6 as Eglantyne (to myself), I'm certain on my NOID pink Austin.

Ann9BNCalif thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • Ann9BNCalif
    Original Author
    last year

You're correct Vapor!

Game over! Here's the recap:

1. Olivia Rose Austin, 2. Belle Story, 3. Pretty Jessica, 4. Anne Boleyn, 5. Brother Cadfael, 6. Eglantyne, 7. Young Lycidas, 8. Scarborough Fair, 9. The Alnwick Rose, 10. Scepter'd Isle, 11. Gertrude Jekyll, 12. Wise Portia, 13. Sharifa Asma.

I may add the names to the photos and get this collage made into a jigsaw puzzle for my 92-year old mom. While her memory is terrible, her ability to finish puzzles is amazing!

Ann

• sara_ann-z6bok
    last year

They’re gorgeous!

Ann9BNCalif thanked sara_ann-z6bok
  • Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    last year

Wow! I only have three of these, Eglantyne, Scepter'd Isle and Pretty Jessica. I've really been wanting Belle Story, Scarborough Fair and Belle Story, but all these others are SO pretty.

Ann9BNCalif thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • Ann9BNCalif
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks sara!

Vapor - I definitely recommend Belle Story which is one of my all-time favorites because of her lovely golden stamens. She's definitely a bee magnet with a sweet myrrh fragrance.

Ann

• noseometer...(7A, SZ10, Albuquerque)
    last year

OH yeah. Yep, I want them all.

Ann9BNCalif thanked noseometer...(7A, SZ10, Albuquerque)
  • Ann9BNCalif
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks for your kind comments noseometer and sjn!

Ann