FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

sherrygirl5

So-Sz S daylilies 2020

sherrygirl zone5 N il

Today we finish the remaining S daylilies, So-Sz. The quote for today :

Childhood injuries:

fell off my bike

fell out of a tree

twisted my ankle

Adult injuries:

Slept wrong

sat down too long

sneezed too hard

Soft Hearted Mother, a delicate looking bloom.

Spectral Elegance is fairly new here. It’s A great performer already. The blooms Are sometimes a little more yellow than this photo.

Sunday Gloves is an amazing performer. The blooms always look as good at 9pm as they do at 9am after all day the sun.

Sweet Autumn Mist was added last spring as a bonus and had a few blooms. If they are all this nice this year it will be staying.

Sweet Isabella had first blooms last season, love it already.

Stone Palace Divine had first blooms this past season. Love this one already too.

Stone Palace Trailblazer was also new this past season.

Storm Shelter is doing well here.

Stephanie Returns is a Wonderful smaller daylily, it’s the only reverse bitone I have.

Sherry

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Stephanie Returns is on my long list. I sooo wish I had more room. Yours always looks special. Sunday Gloves looks so white and bright. I like it too. Of course I love the form on Spectral Elegance. Those ruffles are right up my daylily alley............Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

I really like yellow daylilies so I'll add a couple of my long time favorites:

A colorfast/sunfast golden yellow.

STROKE OF BRILLIANCE:

on the opposite end of the color spectrum, a pale yellow daylily that will have some green in it if our weather is cooler.

SOUR PUSS:

Maryl

• Nancy 6b

Quote of the day is so true, sigh. I remember your Stone Palace Divine from a previous posting, I like that one. Sweet Isabella is so pretty, I have that coming in the spring! Maryl, yellows and golds are not my favorites, but I do like how they pop. I do tend to prefer the soft yellows and I love the look of Sour Puss.

Star Child is a rather pretty little daylily. Photo is so sunny it does not show as well

I divided Stellas Ruffled Fingers last year and it did not bloom as long as usual. It multiplies like mad, and the best rebloomer in my yard. It only rebloomed once last year, but usually at least 3 times.

Storm Over Toledo

Strawberry Candy with a poly

String Theory

Stumbling Stone

Subtle Knive

Sugar Magnolia

Surprisingly Pink had a great year, but can't tell from this pic

Sultry Summer

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • Nancy 6b

Another good day, I can't believe I got them all at one try! Maybe they have done some work on the problems.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Stephanie Returns is one my list too. There aren't many reverse bitones out there. Stella's Ruffled Fingers is new to our garden. It has increased so much we took off a piece for a friend.

Sometimes Shadows Speak is a velvety purple. It's a good grower too.

Sonoran Desert Rose is a late bloomer. It's tall with good branching and lots of buds and fertile too.

I finally convinced Bob that it was time for South Seas to go. It's a beautiful color and has produced some babies with beautiful color as well, but a little plain for my tastes.

Sportin' Life is a good grower and I love the watermark.

State of Happiness is an excellent grower.

Here's our Stella's Ruffled Fingers. I wish the color was a more pure pink.

Stoke the Fire is a southern. I hope it proves to be hardy.

More to come . . .

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Strawberry Romance is a good grower.

Sun Giant was exactly that in Dan Trimmer's Florida garden, but it doesn't really like our climate.

Sweet Cerise is a very good grower. The color is a little dull for my tastes.

Sweet Isabela is a beautiful flower.

Sword Dancer is a big bold plant with a large flower. I'm not wild about the color though.

That's all for me.

Nancy

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

You have so many pretty ones Sherry! You know how much I like Stone Palace Divine but Spectral Elegance & Sunday Gloves really stand out too.

Maryl Sour Puss is wonderful.

Nancy Sugar Magnolia is lovely and beautifully shown off with the yarrow.

hoosier_nan Sportin' Life is very attractive.

Stella D'Oro the old stand by.

Stella Stars is a paler clearer yellow.

Strawberry Candy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • Brad KY 6b

Lots of pretty ones. The standouts to me: Maryl-Sourpuss; Nancy-Storm Over Toledo; H. Nancy-Stephanie's Return; Sherry: Storm Shelter, and that is a huge clump of Stellas, Peren.

Spider Miracle. Beautiful flower, wish it had more buds.

So Lovely with Purple Riot sneaking a peak.

South Seas

Sun King

Sugar Magnolia

Sovereign Queen

Spiritual Corridor

Strutter's Ball

Swirling Waters

StealthBomber

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • celeste

I have so many of these that I will try to restrain myself from posting them all:)

SWALLOW TAIL KITE

STARMAN'S QUEST

STORM TRACK

STARGATE PORTAL

STAR OF FANTASY

SUZY CREAM CHEESE

SWIRLING SPIDER

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

SPIRIT OF THE DOVE

SOLAR MUSIC

SPIRITUAL CORRIDOR

SOMETIMES SHADOWS SPEAK

STORM WATCH

SONG OF THE EMPIRE

SPACE JUNK

SPIRIT OF SAPELO

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

SPIDER MAN

SPIRIT FOX

STRING THEORY

SOUTHERN SHINER

SOUTH SEAS

SWISS DIPLOMAT

SWIRLING WATER

SOUTHPORT DELIGHT

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

LAST ONES!

SUN PANDA

SULPHURITE PRISM

STEALTH BOMBER (new in 2019)

SUNAPEE SUNSET

SUN TEMPLE SPIRIT

SWEDISH GIRL

SONG OF PROMISE

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • shive

Nancy - Wow on that Subtle Knife clump. That looks like a Lambertson that does well for you!

Hoosier Nan - Stoke the Fire stokes my fire. LOL

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Brad KY 6b

Wonderful Celeste. I can narrow it down to a favorite: Spirit of the Dove. I hope some of the seeds from it will bear wonderful things! Beyond that, all those purples are so great!!!!!!!!!! There are other goodies too, like Southport Delight.

Brad

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Nancy: Star Child has the type of pattern I like. Most of the patterned ones just don't hold their design in our heat, but Star Child, I think, is supposed to do better then some.....Nan: South Seas does pretty well for me. I like the pastel orange color and until I bump into something else that color with more bells and whistles I think I'll keep mine around. I do like that pretty pale pink, State of Happiness......Peren: Strawberry Candy looks peachy to me. I like the color.............Celeste: I like your 3 yellow selfs naturally, and your lavanders and purples are beautiful as usual. The clump of Star of Fantasy in particular just shines........Maryl

• shive

Smug

Summer Snowball

Surfin Dude

Sweet Almond Mint

Sweet Child of Mine

Sword of Justice

Sycamore Frills

Soul Catcher

Stenciled Infusion

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Debra: You know how I like Stenciled Infusion, but Summer Snowball is tugging at my heart. What a great picture of it. I've not heard of it before, but it looks wonderful.........Maryl

• Brad KY 6b

Debra, Sword of Justice is quite interesting in color and style.

• shive

Maryl - Summer Snowball is a late bloomer and a dormant. Mine gets shade in the afternoon, so I don't know how colorfast it is in the high 90s. I've shown pics of it the past three seasons.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Nancy 6b

Nancy, I love your Sweet Isabella too. Sun Giant is nice too, too bad it is tender. Peren, I like the look of Stella Stars better than Stella. I had Happy Returns for a while, wondered why Stella got all the attention while Happy did and looked much better.

Celeste, I love the wide open look of Southpark Delight. Solar Music too, for the same reason. Solar Music did here though. Brad, you have some really great clumps, but I love Stealth Bomber.

Debra, all of yours are wonderful, I can't think which I like best. That clump of sweet Child is just lovely though. And yes, Subtle Knife is a Lambertson that does really well for me. It is growing in a rather protected area, but that has not made any difference before to picky ones. I refuse to move it though, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • signet_gw(6b)

Here are a few of my S dayliilies

South Seas

Spellbinder

starman's Quest

Swimming with Sharks

Spacecoast Starburst

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • signet_gw(6b)

Some more

Spacecoast Dark Obscession

Soldier's Memorial

Stu's Old Pink Spider

Stumbling Stone

Someplace Special

Spoons for Escargot

• signet_gw(6b)

Strutter's Ball

Starman's Quest

Spirit zone

Spice Cake

• signet_gw(6b)

Swiss Mint

Startle

Spider Imposter

Springfield Clan

• signet_gw(6b)

Spiritual Corridor

Spock's Ears

Stargate Angel

Stephanie Grappelli

That's enough for now .

• Nancy 6b

Wow, lots of nice flowers, Heather! I had Startle for a while, til moles dislodged it and it never recovered. I never had that many nice flowers on it at a time. Stumbling stone looks nicer too. Love Starman's Quest.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • lilykate7a

These S daylilies have something for everyone and it is a post to be reviewed more than once. So many pretties!

Stardust Dragon-my most prolific bloomer last season

Stippled Stardust

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked lilykate7a
  • lilykate7a

Sun Panda-hope my clump shows up this year like Celeste’s

There are many others but this will do for now.

• shive

Heather - I love your photos of Starman's Quest. It reminds me of how pretty it is, and how I need to get mine out of the shade.

Kate - That clump of Stardust Dragon is impressive. I've lost that one twice. I have it coming as a bonus this Spring. Maybe the third time's a charm.

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • lilykate7a

These did not post on previous.

Stargate Portal

Summer Sapphire

• Nancy 6b

Again, Stargate Portal is catching my eye. Good thing I already have it! Stippled Stardust is really pretty too.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • signet_gw(6b)

Sherry , you have some really lovely blooms there . There is not a one I wouldn't love to have in my gardens . I did add Sunday Sandals in 2016 .....Still have not seen a bloom believe it or not . Guess I better move it this year to see if I can't get it to budge and maybe bloom . If not as pretty as it appears to be .....out it goes. Stone Palace Divine makes me drool . Now I know that one is not available here nor is it available from the grower in New York that I am ordering from this year. Darn it !

MaryL , love both your yellows but I do lean more toward the school bus yellow of Stroke of Brilliance

Nancy 6b I wish Stellas Ruffled Fingers wasn't so short . It really is lovely. Subtle Knife .....yum !

Hoosier_Nan I like both Sweet Cerise and State of Happiness . It is too bad Sweet Cerise doesn't do well for you . I love the bitone look

Perenn.all love the look of your Stella Stars but I can't find any registration info for it ?

Brad I grow many that you show here and love them all but Sugar Magnolia is lovely and I had not see

Celeste I love your Storm Track and Spirit of the Dove, Space Junk and Southport Delight I especially like that Southport is a late bloomer .

Debra , Ok you have to stop this ! I am unable to choose among your images. I want them ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Lilykate, what a glorious bunch of blooms . Favs? Well , lets see . I LOVED seeing your Stardust Dragon as I added this one late last season . Haven't seen it bloom yet so this just gets my motor running with excitement of what is to come. Now I have to add Swedish Girl and Stippled Starburst ( oh my! ) to my list of "Can I find them here daylilies " Sun Bear is one I have been considering adding here and I know is available , so nice to see a decent image of it growing in someone's real garden and image that has not been doctored for sales purposes

Hate to be the one to bring this up but the image for Stargate Portal did not show up above . Would love to see it please. I grow that one here and would love to be able to compare your image to my blooms .

Lastly Stop the Show is so so pretty ! Hadn't heard of that one before . Now I have to see if I can hunt it down .

• Nancy 6b

I am looking at these on my phone. I see Stargate Portal, both actually. The whims of technology I guess?

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy 6b
  • Brad KY 6b

Heather and Kate, lots of nice ones. Heather, the one that really stands out to me is Spider Impostor. Kate, it is Stippled Stardust that is your stand out to me.

Hey, where's any Sz daylilies??? :)

• lilykate7a

Yes, Nancy, this technology is strange! I originally posted Stargate Portal on the second set, went in to edit to add more pics, and when I submitted, Stargate Portal was gone. Went back in to edit and it was there but disappeared every time I submitted so finally just took it out and posted it under the third set. And yet, you see both pictures Nancy?

Debra, I hope Stardust Dragon lives for you this time. It was a blooming machine! And multiplied well. Quickly became a favorite.

Heather, hope you are able to see at least one of the Stargate Portal pics now!! I think you will enjoy Stardust Dragon. Stop the Show is an oldie but I do like it-has one of those very changeable appearances depending on temps. Can have more pink in it

• signet_gw(6b)

Lilykate , I can see Stargate Portal (can't wait till mine is a gorgeous big clump like yours ) and Summer Sapphire now in your last post . Thanks so much for doing that ! I LOVE the look of Summer Sapphire .......another with an orange throat that is so rare!

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Brad Spider Miracle & Swirling Waters are wonderful.

Celeste I would have a hard time choosing between Spirit of the Dove and Southport Delight.

Debra that clump of Sweet Child of Mine is really something. Summer Snowball caught my eye, so interesting.

Nancy I agree, I think Stella D'Oro just had a great marketing campaign for a so so plant.

Heather Starman's Quest & Spoons for Escargot are terrific. Yes, odd that there is no registration info. I am sure you saw this Stella Stars

lilykate Stargate Portal is very nice.

Getting caught up a little late.

• Brad KY 6b

I agree about Stella. In our area it has a great first bunch of blooms, but all the repeats are just a scape or two with not many buds. I've given away many daylilies to people in our town that I either thinned or got rid of and these are gradually replacing the Stellas.

• signet_gw(6b)

Hi Laurie, no I hadn't seen that page Thanks for adding that link . I wonder if Stella Stars was hybridized by that nursery and was never registered or perhaps it is one of Darryl Apps patented dayliies (I don't think he registers his) , he patents them instead so that any sales of those plants he gets a portion of the monies . (at least that is what I have been told)

I have a few that are similar in a "Lady" and "Miss" series . When I tried to find info on my Lady Scarlett and Lady Lucille daylilies I discovered this information. The "Miss" and "Lady" series of unregistered daylilies are hybridized by Robert J. Roberson for Bressingham Gardens, an English company that has an outlet in the US. For the purpose of anything to do with AHS, including not only shows but also registration if they are used in hybridizing they must be designated "seedling". In other words if you use a daylily like these in a cross , you cannot use the name of the daylily but must call it "seedling " for example lets say I wanted to cross Lady Lucille with Starsearch . To register that seedling with a name with the AHS the listing would read Seedling x Starsearch.