FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

Need help for living room lighting

Mike Krause

Just moving in and before we finalize our furniture, I feel like My living room is too dark and im Debating how to install lights to brighten up the room. Any ideas?? I’ve attached a few pictures of it when just starting to decorate

as you can see, behind one wall at night, the room is darker than the entrance way of the house. previous owners had a ceiling fan with light attached but due to the television mounted above the fireplace, it glared and that ceiling fan light didn’t really brighten the corner areas of the living room anyway nor The walls connecting the house to the other rooms. we are thinking of adding recessed lighting to the ceiling but due to the vaulted ceiling and slopped walls, unsure how to get this to look good while brightening the area. The only lighting now is based off of the recessed lighting above the Television already there before I bought the house. It adds a lot of light but only to that spot. thanks for the help!