westes

How to Secure Opening to Downspout Attachment to French Drain?

westes Zone 9a California SF Bay

I had a french drain installed for a downspout that was sending a lot of water against the corner of a home. The contractor has the existing metal downspout loosely falling into the open drainage tube of the french drain, as shown in these photos. My concern is that over a five year period, leaves and debris will fall into the small opening between the existing metal downspout and the larger plastic drainage tube. I tried to show in the second photo that there is a visible gap between the two. I am worried that this might eventually allow enough debris to enter into the drainage tube that its flow might be stopped or lowered. Is there a straightforward way to protect the drainage tube from debris? This might take the form of some kind of adapter that fits snugly to the metal on one side and overlaps the outside of the drainage tube. It might also take the form of a screen of some kind that adapts to both ends. What are my design options?