FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

a1an

Safe to prune Stems Back to the Bud Union

a1an

I know I've asked this as I've had some uncertainty on how one does - rejuvenation- pruning, aka, cutting out the old wood to promote new wood from ground up.

Did some spring pruning on the new last year planted BR and had a decision to make on 2 crossing canes. So in the multiple stem rose I was moving to see what was -attached- to what, as I was -moving- each stem to decide which one to cut, I noticed that out of all the stems cumulative, there was 3 main ones - aka, move one stem, a few other stems moved with it.

Not being too familiar with a -grafted- shrub, is it safe to to say those are 3 bud points, and what moved per each -stem- was growth off each bud point. And that it's okay to hard prune -any- stem back to the union , which will still promoto/produce a new stem from coming from ground up.