FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

mamaandsage

boys bathroom-tile or vinyl better for boys with aiming issues

mamaandsage

We are planning to put wood look vinyl or laminate throughout the whole house although I'd consider penny tiles in the boys/guest bathroom. There are a couple of factors that play into this with needing to get flooring done before kitchen remodel to get the flooring under the island with legs which means finishing the flooring into the bathroom unless we want to put a temporary transition strip at bathroom threshold and hope the next piece of vinyl or laminate attaches without a prob when we finnish the bathroom. I was thinking of doing same flooring in the whole house so that house would feel larger and more streamline However, I also like the look of pebble tile and most pictures I like on pinterest dont' have wood flooring in the bathroom, but tile.

My fear of pebble tile is all the grout and the boy's urine odors. My guess is the grout would cause for more odors/ be harder to clean as it is absorbant. Anyone with knowledge or experience of odors with tile/grout or vinyl would be greatly appreciated. thx!!