Overwhelmed Mama with layout and design

Michelle F

Hello, I am a stay at home mom that really is feeling overwhelmed and really want to get my space together . We moved in when I was 9 months pregnant and here we are three years later and it’s just non decorated chaos. I have two very needy boys (3 and 1) and need help with suggestions on how to make our space functional and cute. I’ve always been put off by the half fireplace situation and get stuck trying to decorate around the TV . We are on a fairly tight budget and are stuck with the couch for the time being . I realize it’s too big for our space. I’ve surrendered that our dining room is our playroom and need to make it more functional and organized. It currently looks like daycare and college students live here and I can’t take it anymore.

I’d like to update lighting, do curtains, paint and get rid of builder beige (prob going to happen last because of the kids being home ) hang pictures, but I truly don’t know where to start . I can replace things a little at a time , or thrift or redo furniture .

I want the “playroom“ storage so to go under the window and up the sides so it’s not the first thing you see when you walk into the house .. I but have come up short on finding a unit long enough. But then what to do with the other wall?

Here are pictures . Open to all suggestions for everything . So embarrassed to post these but I can’t take it anymore 🤪 .