FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

kudzu9

What do you think of this quote for a tankless install?

kudzu9

I live in a major metro area and am considering replacing an aging gas water heater with a tankless gas unit. One plumber, who has good references, quoted me $3800 for replacing the old tank with a Rinnai RU199IN (199,000 BTU Super High Efficiency Condensing Indoor Tankless Unit), which also includes a pump and recirculation system. The work area is a large utility room with easy access. There would, of course, be a bit of reconfiguring of the copper plumbing, and maybe replacing one length of gas pipe, that is screwed into an ell, with a shorter piece. I see that the Rinnai unit is available for about $1600, so the labor and other parts is about $2200. Is this estimate reasonable, or too high?