french_jenn

DIY Cork flooring installation ?s

J. F.G.

Hi all

I've been lurking on the cork flooring boards here for awhile and finally pulled the trigger. We are having our floating floor delivered next week and I can hardly wait.

We are not insanely handy but want to try to tackle this ourselves. I've watched many videos and I think its doable.

Only catch is we don't yet have a saw. Our lovely neighbor has a table saw and he said he'd help us, but was thinking I may want to have something easy to use on hand so we don't have to depend on him. I am constantly DIYing so I know its something I'll use again. Was looking into a worxsaw compact circular saw....does anyone know if this will do the job? We only have straight cuts--nothing curved. I watched some videos of people using the saw but just wanted to make sure it would work well with cork. It looks like it handle laminate, MDF, wood, etc and that it cuts through 1/2" (the thickness of our floor) without a problem. I like that its handheld so won't take up a ton of room and its also fairly inexpensive.

Any thoughts appreciated! This forum has been so helpful!