FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

sistersunnie

my mouth is so confused.....

Sister Sunnie

So back ground here, I work in Tourism and our area has a rich food heritage. One of the stars is a locally made cake - The Smith Island Cake. Its 8-13 layers of delicious and designated as Maryland's Official State Dessert. Traditionally its yellow cake with a cooked fudge icing but theres dozens of flavors, Strawberry, Red Devil, Banana, etc. One of our local Bakeries decided to merge several of the state's iconic flavors and created the "Old Bay Smith Island Cake". Old Bay is a spice tradionally used on seafood here. So today we hosted a tasting as the cake has generated a great deal of conversation and a bit of controversy. The public was invited to sample and weigh in with their opinions. I was hesitate to try it as I dont like Old Bay seasoning and I dont care for the sweet/savory combination. BUT I was surprised, It reminded me of old fashion gingerbread or spice cake. Had a bite to it but I didnt dislike it. My mouth is still confused!

Whats the wildest combination of flavors you've ever tried???