r__mags

Modsy in Landscaping?

R. Mags
last month

I was wondering if there is similar to Modsy in landscaping? where you send the pictures then they will create a design for a fee? Thinking of what to do with my backyard. Location, N. C.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

Comments (9)

• Embothrium
    last month

What are you usage goals for the area? What kinds of things have you seen that you liked?

• R. Mags
    last month

we are leaning towards Zen Garden, probably water feature on the left corner, just don't know how to incorporate other designs (shrubs, trees, walkway, etc)

• Embothrium
    last month
    last modified: last month

Zen garden = what, specifically to you? (Think of doing the yard as a continuation of choosing the house or having it custom built, and how many details had to be considered and included before you got what you wanted from that first stage of making this property yours).

• jslazart
    last month

Have you looked into local designers? I don't know how much Modsy costs, but we had two landscape designs drawn out, for about $250-400 each. And our local university extension offers in-person consults for $50 an hour.

• R. Mags
    last month

Modsy starts at $89 I think but if you want more rooms (living room, bedroom, etc) and if you prefer unlimited revisions or have the option to chat with the designer then it can go as high as $200.00. I haven't looked into local landscape designers yet.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    last month

Just an aside but county extension personnel are not landscape designers!! No telling what they might come up with......

Would also just comment that landscape design fees will differ by locale/region and by the skill of the designer. There is no way one would receive a decent design plan for that size of a backyard in my area for $400 or less!! YMMV

• J Williams
    last month

You might be able to use the services of a local garden centre but who knows how that will go if they favour selling what they have in stock vs what want/need for the design. You could hire a gardener who has a good reputation in your area, see how much they would charge for a consult. Gardening is complex, it is never as simple as a theoretical idea on paper. i don’t know where you are, but some Asian garden plants would be considered a specialty item that you wouldn’t just pick up at your local stores, it depends.

• R. Mags
    last month

thank y'all, will probably consult some local garderner or nurseries to help us in our plan.

• Claudianne
    last month

A lot depends on how much upkeep you want. Flowering shrubs are easier than flowers. Any beds will have to be weeded and edged. Trees will have leaves that fall. Do you want shade? Evergreens provide privacy but take up space.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268