Bedroom Design with Floyd Bed

Murali Komakula
4 years ago

We have this floyd bed

https://floydhome.com/products/the-floyd-platform-bed

We want to have modern luxurious look.

one idea we have is:

1. change the accent wall color to dark gray

2. add modern looking side tables (scandanavian kind)

3. add floor lamp/hanging lamp

4. Extra long headboard cushion style, something longer king.

5. Floor is already carpeted, may be add a dark rug

House is overall modern,

any fresh ideas please?

Comments (17)

• everdebz
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Is it possible that you like the greenery outside? A green might look good with grey. If the room is large, you might want to change the layout... I wouldn't grey it, but show more of the room?

• Murali Komakula
    Original Author
    4 years ago

are you saying to have darker tones of grey for accent wall, i can play around with it.

Room is around 12' x 12'

• everdebz
    4 years ago

Idk anything about the bed, but first shows the natural -- 1 fancy ceiling light.

Would you consider staining the wood for a dressier version?... like 2nd photo's coffee table --

Sugar Bowl Residence - John Maniscalco Architecture · More Info

Living Room · More Info

• everdebz
    4 years ago

12 x 12 --- Does room get any sunlight?

There might be a wallpaper that is so subtle that you can experiment with different looks in future. Luxurious sheen of wallpaper is also a direction to consider - neutral is best...

• everdebz
    4 years ago

Forget wallpaper - if you want grey go ahead - but I'd wait until you buy more items, especially the headboard.

• Murali Komakula
    Original Author
    4 years ago

it gets westerly sun.

here is the marketing picture

wallpaper is good idea, let me check whats there.

grey is an idea :)

• misecretary
    4 years ago

I personally feel you have all the color you need right outside your window.

• felizlady
    4 years ago

I am going to assume you will get a bed frame and a box spring for your mattress. I have no idea what a Floyd bed is. What you show just looks like a mattress. Getting into bed or out if bed is easier if the bed is at a normal bed height, something you can easily sit on. “Luxurious” means comfortable and beautiful to me. If I sit up in bed to read, I like a good upholstered headboard to lean against. An alternative to an upholstered headboard would be a fabric-covered foam cushion (the full width of the bed and maybe 30” taller) securely attached to the wall or supported on a narrow wood platform between the bed and the wall.

• houssaon
    4 years ago

How about a large textile? I don't have a bed per se, just a mattress and a bed frame. For years I had a large map then got a vintage quilt and hung it over my bed. I like it.

West Village Pied-à-terre · More Info

Transformations On ADAMS ST · More Info

• ashtonchic
    4 years ago

Here is a lovely, dramatic bedroom. Your large wall could handle this simple upgrade. Basically wood molding and paint.

East Side Elegance · More Info

• everdebz
    4 years ago

Small room / with outdoor trees / bed....I'd experiment with accessories for your look.

The ceiling could be glamorized. With western sun --a subtle paper or metallic paint, in a cool silvery-grey maybe?

• everdebz
    4 years ago

Little details here of metal finishes in both warm and cool - pops of magenta, etc...for your bed pillows?

• everdebz
    4 years ago

Ikea-flat you mean? What about more shapely? …. Drawer fronts are beveled and all drawers have English dovetail with center metal glides. Complemented by slightly flared square legs, this features contemporary feel.
    Materials: Rubber Wood, Okume Veneer, MDF
    25" H x 26" W x 17" D / Pull out tray.

https://www.houzz.com/products/acme-ireland-2-drawer-nightstand-in-white-prvw-vr~81152751

• PRO
    DANE AUSTIN INTERIOR DESIGN Boston & Cambridge
    4 years ago

This might inspire you.

Alloy Penthouse · More Info

• Murali Komakula
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Okay thanks , based on the conversations I need to do few steps 1)get accent wall(textures/colour) 2)get a headboard 3)bed side tables 4)lighting

• Snaggy
    4 years ago

Floyd bed https://floydhome.com/the-bed for those that don't know