Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bayarea_girl

David Austin closes their online shop and phone ordering worldwide

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

David Austin closes their online shop and phone ordering worldwide starting today 3/24/2020 to help keep their employees, customers and the wider public safe. See images below for the full info. Helen

Comments (17)

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    4 years ago

Jeez o peets. I didn't get this email... just one to order with 15% off yesterday!

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Vaporvac, they haven’t sent out an email yet. Here is just their Instagram post, and they also put the notice on their website. Helen

• PRO
    Dirt Digger Z6NH
    4 years ago

Well that really stinks, i wonder if i will get my order. I assume 😢

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Dirt Digger Z6NH
  • comtessedelacouche (10b S.Australia: hotdryMedclimate)
    4 years ago

I got an email about it from DA UK today. It says basically the same thing.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked comtessedelacouche (10b S.Australia: hotdryMedclimate)
  • PRO
    Dirt Digger Z6NH
    4 years ago

My order isn't supposed to arrive till may so im hoping things will change. Im also wondering if local nurseries will have them this year do to the closing.

I may be out of luck for austins this year.

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    4 years ago

Well, you do live in The Garden State! I'm glad because I think a lot of those Mom and Pop stores would have a hard time coming back as we saw in 2008.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • oursteelers 8B PNW
    4 years ago

Well, I called because I had one rose that didn’t ship with the rest of my order and was told that they were not closed and if you had an order placed(I do not know about future orders) your plants would ship at the proper time.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked oursteelers 8B PNW
  • PRO
    Dirt Digger Z6NH
    4 years ago

That's fantastic news, i was looking for another source just in case. Then today it actually looked like you could still order so who knows, it's all up in the air now days.

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    4 years ago

Probably should clarify that was for the US...meant to do that but was distracted!

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked oursteelers 8B PNW
  • Diane Brakefield
    4 years ago

My favorite local nursery, a big one, has closed down, but will offer online ordering. You can pick up your order, or they will deliver locally. They are a local treasure here, and I was so worried about them. They were one of the first to cancel classes and curtail hours. They have a huge rose selection, including Austins. How I wish they could ship to all of you--their prices are great. I hope they don't have many roses left over after this crazy season. Same for their hundreds of clematis. Good luck with your Austin orders, everyone. Diane

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Diane Brakefield
  • sautesmom Sacramento
    4 years ago

I just got an email from David Austin inviting me to shop this morning. Apparently they haven't told their IT people they have shut down!
    Carla in Sac

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked sautesmom Sacramento
  • Rosylady (PNW zone 8)
    4 years ago

They said on their website that they are still shipping in the US...if you click on the Covid-19 link at the top of their website, they say that they are reopening shipping and ordering in the US.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Rosylady (PNW zone 8)
  • bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Roselady, that’s great news. Now US rose gardeners can order more roses from them. Helen

• User
    4 years ago

...just an update on this... we can still order here in UK but they cannot guarantee a delivery time... emphasising this applies to UK/Europe.. not U.S...

..from DA UK...

''Thursday 26th March 2020

Following the closure of our online shop and phone ordering on Tuesday we have re-engineered our dispatch facilities to create an environment which is safe for a small team of staff to dispatch orders. Stringent new measures, in excess of those advised by the government, are now in place to protect all those who remain on site.

From today you will be able to order roses but we can’t guarantee a delivery date at this time. We feel it is important to still provide our customers with roses we will endeavour to get orders out as quickly as possible as soon as it is deemed safe to do so. You have the right to cancel your order at any time.''

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked User
  • noseometer...(7A, SZ10, Albuquerque)
    4 years ago

I got my potted DA roses today, so they are shipping. They are barely more than bands, but at least they arrived (when I was worried that DA might not be shipping) and they are not turning black (previous order of Munstead Wood from DA), or with crispy leaves (my order from HR) and didn't arrived crushed (previous order from HR).

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked noseometer...(7A, SZ10, Albuquerque)
  • cyndita (west coast zone 9)
    4 years ago

I also received the 2 quart potted Gertrude Jekyll I ordered from DA yesterday. Plant looked nice & healthy, but in typical Gerty style it had grown too tall for the young root & canes, so it flops over to the side without support. Here’s a couple pics - to stabilize the root I tied it to a mini-trellis I had in the garage - the trellis did NOT come with the plant:

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked cyndita (west coast zone 9)