Southern yellow pine for interior wall framing?

Pete delvalle
5 days ago


I recently purchased a home and removed all the drywall. I have to replace some rafters and wall studs including the base plates. I have been using SYP, I am concerned now that people are recommending SPF instead. I need lumber that is 2x8, 2x10, I don't find SPF in that size. Would it be okay if I have already done a significant amount of work with SYP?

Comments (9)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268