jmcgann97

Zenith Zoysia Plugs New Jersey

Jim Mac

I am looking to convert my challenged lawn to a Zoysia lawn. I can get Zenith plugs by mail, however I read on the New Brunswick Cooperative Extension that the only recommended types are Meyer and Emerald. The place I want to buy from only offers Zenith. Would Zenith work in New Jersey? I am located in central NJ

• dchall_san_antonio

Growing grass requires watering, mowing, and fertilizing. That's all, but they all require it no matter what type of grass you have. What makes you think changing the grass will change the challenges in your yard?

What are the challenges for your current yard? What does it look like? What kind of grass do you have? Is there much shade? How often and for how long do you water? How high/low do you mow? How often do you mow? How often do you fertilize?

• Tom

Most times the Cooperative extension's don't keep up on all the different new turf grass types. They just give general recommendations, and that may be the only info they release for many years. Zenith is very similar to Meyer, and has very good heat and cold tolerance. You should have no problem with this variety in your area !

• Jim Mac

@dchall. This is an area of the backyard that I don’t really use much. It is full sun and isolated so I decided to plant zoysia. I need low water and low maint. And this fit the bill for me.