Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ehoney

Ready to design my bedroom.So excited!!! Ideas welcome.

Erica M
10 years ago
What do you think?

-For starters, I am getting ready to purchase a new bed. Currently have a queen. I want a king size bed with a grand, upholstered, winged, tufted headboard. I want it to be the statement piece in the room. Trying to get out of the matchy-matchy furniture rut.

-I plan to keep my dressers and nightstands but replace the hardware, maybe square drawer pulls. How do you think glass pulls would look? Don't want it too feminine for my husband, though. Also, I want to take off the mirror on the 6 drawer chest.

-I would love a chandelier, but I also love a fan over my bed. I'm trying to decide if I can live without a fan because I do love the look of a chandelier in the bedroom. I would probably ditch my fan for the perfect chandelier.

-Floors are staying. Whole room must be painted. Right now I am looking at either gray/cream or an olive green/cream. I want that brown wall to be painted as the accent wall. What should I do with the tray ceiling?

-Rug, no rug?

-Curtain ideas? My master is on the first floor so I would like curtains. And I do like the drama of them.

*The pillow that I attached will be used in the decor. My phone didn't pick up the colors exactly."Dream big" is an olive green and "Live for the moment" is a silvery green if that makes sense.

*The flat screen on the dresser can go. I have a TV that I can swap it out with that can be mounted on the wall if necessary. Maybe mount it on the wall when I take off the mirror attached to the dresser.

Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. This is my first home and I'm so excited to make it ours.

Comments (4)