schneids33

A sad 60s block home needs help - mid century modern???

Pat

I recently bought a 1000sq for 60s block home on a busy home in st pete florida that is in desperate need of some love. I’ve been renovating 100year old bungalows with great success but I am burnt out from all the work and wanted to do something and a little more simple.

As I look at this house I’m at a loss for what the front should/could look for. I was planning on just doing a quick stucco slim coat, paint the house dove white, change the front door, reduce the size of the oversized front window and wrap the front posts in cedar. With that sad I think I can really make this house unique by mixing some materials, horizontal fence, horizontal wood slats on part of the house, a front courtyard behind some block or decorative block, maybe a car port?

Does anyone have any suggestion or ideas. I’ve looked at MCM homes forever and am at a loss....the vision just isn’t popping into my head. Thanks.