cameronaw

Show me your white Bedrosians CLOE Tile with Quartz Countertops

cameronaw

I'm looking for a marble like quartz countertop in a kitchen project that will work with white Cloe tile. I prefer with this project to start with the backsplash rather than the counter top. So far I've seen two by Studio McGee: paired with Ceasarstone (Palisades Project, color not specifed) and Cambria Ella on annesage.com. See below.

My cabinets are SW Pure White

Thanks in advance.

• dmac1108

@D H - it’s Ciranova Pink Blocker. It reacts with the tannin in the wood - white oak actually has more tannin than red oak. They also have MANY other reactive stains that look BEAUTIFUL. G & S Floor Services here on Houzz uses Ciranova and has several,posts on Houzz about them. You can use another reactive stain after using the pink blocker. One of the comments explained how using Ciranova’s Pink Blocker was much more predictable vs. a bleaching method.

I originally learned about the pink blocker here on Houzz. Someone used it on her red oak floors in here kitchen (along with their finishing products). I can’t remember the user name - I will look for it later. BUT - if you run a search using Ciranova Pink Blocker - you should pull up that post + a post where I added some photos from YouTube showing the results (you can also find a time lapsed video on Ciranova‘s website.

Also, I searched “Ciranova G & S Floor Services Houzz“ to find all of the discussions where G & S Floor Services discusses Ciranova products since he’s an expert.

Here are some photos of a board I did. It’s a very old red oak board - sat in basement for 20 years. I also did not use very much stain. I’m going to do another experiment in a couple days. You can still see the difference. It is more apparent IRL than in the photos.

Maybe a bit of overkill - was just showing board next to different colors - in order to see how the color changed. The red oak section is in the middle. I did a little sanding and then wet one side of the board before applying stain - the other side I all,ied it directly to the sanded wood. Probably should have sanded a bit more (I was in a hurry) - will do so next time.

The board definitely reads more yellow in the photos vs. in real life. My red oak floors show more yellow in photo - European white oak floors definitely read more yellow. I am getting ready to refinish my wood floors (the reason for my experiments). I am trying to decide whether I should refinish the European oak floors at the same time. . .

• D H

@dmac1108 thank you so much!! It looks awesome and looks like it works so well. I wish I had known about it earlier, but it's great to know for the future! I really dislike the pink/red in the white oak when stained, especially when some of the wood doesn't look that way. my floors were pre-stained and finished and I really hated the way there were 10 different shades of wood in different color tones mixed in. If I ever need to refinish the floors in the future, I will test some of this out to see if it works.

Show me your white granite!

I have river white. I am very happy with it. But then again, I like river flow movement in granite. If you can't pick out the slab, wait to get the backsplash. You can brighten up the granite or dull it with the backsplash. The problem I have with granite with a lot of black specs (like the spring white) in it is that it tends to look dated faster, in my opinion. River white seems to stand the test of time since it is more subtle. As for the quartz, yes, it is beautiful but the seams really show, especially if it is plain, without a pattern. I go into model homes and the first thing I see is that seam now. Drives me nuts. I'd never get it unless the seam was hidden under something or I could do an area with just one slab.

Show me your white hex tiles with Custom Rolling Fog grout!

Hate to say it: grout is the least of the issue. The tub shower did NOT need the "accent" at all. It's a totally different look/feel and makes little sense with the 2" hex. I'd stop right now, and do one or the other over, Floor or tub walls. ...............: ( So Sorry. Easiest would be floor, to a very simple light gray porcelain , A larger subway than your shower, a tone from the accent. Just looks quite disjointed, and style/scale/ incompatible. You'd prefer I lie, I am certain. But a course reversal would give you a better result. Actually. that is a pretty bad placement of the accent tile, ( too high , needs more subway white above it when I blow up the pic. Shower do over, if you want a really good result. Aurrggh. AURRGGH. Aurrrgh. Stuff like this really makes me want to cry- I think shower do over. With apologies as well. Take a couple more pics of the tub area, especially near top. Even if fixed, the floor would be a do over , for me. Add tile to ceiling above the accent, rip the hex on the floor and re select. ......bummer.

White Quartz Countertop help needed!

@Ephma Thank you! It looks great. I love your bathrooms. The white comparison is really helpful. @chispa I've been to 4 kitchen/ granite/ marble/ quartz places with my cabinet samples but it is hard to tell under the showroom light how they will pair. Only a few had samples that I could take home, and only samples of faux marble. I'll check out the Cambria white cliff. Did you use it with a white cabinet?

Has anyone installed Bedrosian Cloe Tile - blue/black/baby blue?

I bought Cloe white directly from Bedrosians in the subway shape, and I felt that there was plenty of variation. At first, I was trying to avoid too much variation, but I ended up liking it just fine. here's a photo of my backsplash My only regret is that I used Custom "warm gray" grout and although I love the look from afar, up close I feel like that color looks a little like "dirty" grout, so I would have gone lighter, and maybe a grayer (vs. taupe) tone in color for the grout. I personally wanted to see the outline of the tiles and grout, so I didn't do white or bright white grout because that has the effect of blending the tiles I felt. On the bottom left of photo where it touches the countertop and is between the 2 pieces of blue tape is where the white cluster of tiles happened and although you can notice it a little, it's not too bad. there's also probably a little too much gray in the area just above the range
  • D H

@cameronow I couldn't find the Studio McGee Palisades project. I found Pacific Palisades but they used a different tile for that backsplash. was it featured on netflix or just their blog archives?

• Glee 4

Ack. I ordered my Bedrosians Cloe white around the first of March. It was expected to be 2 weeks, then 4 weeks, then 4/15, Bedrosian is now saying end of April. I need to choose something else. I found a backup which is very similar by Arizona Tile, also made in Spain. Called Flash White. What do you think? The video shows much better than a static pic.

• Glee 4

Sorry it didn’t capture the video.

• Glee 4

https://www.arizonatile.com/en/products/porcelain-and-ceramic/flash#
    Warning: their website seems slow for load times.

• D H

@Glee 4 I don't know if it's an option, but I got the Cloe tile faster by ordering directly via my local Bedrosians in San Jose. The stock available online is separate from what the individual branches receive. I don't know if that helps your particular situation or not.

• Jill Hilts

🤔 both made in Spain. Do you live near an Arizona Tile showroom to pick up sample?

• Glee 4

Yes I have 3-4 samples each for both Cloe and Arizona Tile Flash.

• Glee 4

Yes there is Bedrosian and Arizona tile here in Anaheim. My contractor buys directly from Bedrosian and that’s the update today.

• D H

@Glee 4 oh bummer. and I'm guessing the backorder is no better online. plus they charge freight online unless there's a promotion. I actually have some leftover, but don't know if you're near San Jose or not, or if it would even be enough. feel free to private message me if you're interested.

• Glee 4

@DH you’re so kind! I used to live in Los Gatos and have been to Bedrosian SJ, but now I live in OC where we tackled another remodel. PMIng you now. 🙏🏼

• Glee 4

@DH I just realized I don’t see the PM function on your profile. I’m also at @remodel_diaries on Instagram ☺️ where I’m posting my current remodel + bits from past projects.

• dmac1108

@Glee 4 - how much Cloe white tile do you need? I’m asking because I’m holding on to a little stash of it - and I haven’t started my kitchen reno yet. Of course, I have NO IDEA what shipping would cost for us to swap boxes of tiles . . . 😬

• dmac1108

It is really pretty. I made sure that I purchased mine from somewhere I could return it (without shipping/restocking fees) just in case I saw something else that I wanted by the time I was ready to have it installed. I don’t want you to have to pick something else if your really have your heart set on the Cloe tile.

Also, make sure that you set up notifications on Lowe’s and Walmart websites - both ship for free. Both will have it in for a few days - and then sell out.

And you can return it to the physical store.

• Glee 4

@D H and @dmac1108 I’m humbled by the willingness to help. I need about 40 SF. @Dmac: By chance are you in SoCal? I’m in North Tustin, CA.

• dmac1108

Nope. I’m in the Midwest. I date someone out in Santa Monica - but I don’t think the tile will fit in my suitcase.

i think I have about 75 sf - so I could cover you.

idk what shipping costs. What is your zip?

• Glee 4

Omg I couldn’t possibly ask you to ship those to me and what if they got damaged? Santa Monica is an hour away. But THANK YOU. You are a good person. 🙏🏼

• dmac1108

Glee - if the cost is reasonable, we could just have yours sent directly to me. I’m going to see how much 40 sf weighs. If it‘s ridiculous, we will just have to help you find some Cloe somewhere else!

Also - you could always wait to have your backsplash installed vs. selecting a different tile. I don’t know if your certificate of occupancy requires the backsplash to be installed. If it does, you could have your countertop fabricator install a 4“ one temporarily until your Cloe tile arrives. I don’t know if you know who Beth is on here - she is an expert on tiles. I’ve read several discussions on here where she has made that suggestion. Just a thought.

• dmac1108

It really is pretty in person! I can‘t really capture how it looks in real life. I keep trying, but doesn’t ever really show the colors/texture very well.

• Sally Ferguson

Are you laying out patter for tile guy or is random better

• dmac1108

It definitely looks more gray in the photos than it actually does - quite a bit. When I first opened a box, I thought that they sent me the wrong tile because I didn’t see much variation. When I took a shot of it with my phone camera, you could see the different variations. It looks the most like the second photo -but more uniform.

• dmac1108

@Sally Ferguson - I asked people in one of the Cloe discussion threads how they had their tile installed. I think that if you open the boxes to double check the color lot - if it looks uniform, you can just install it randomly. HOWEVER, one person did that - and wound up with some areas that appeared to have more of a concentration of both the whiter tiles and the grayer ones. I saw it in the photo - but I dont think I would have noticed it if it wasn’t pointed out to me. BUT - I am a little OCD about stuff like that, so I would want to make sure that someone was looking for that possibility. If you have a good tile setter who is careful, and you make him/her aware of the possibility, you should be okay.

I will probably not lay it out ahead of time - however, I will definitely keep track of how it’s looking vs. waiting until it’s installed. Better safe than sorry!

Edit - I just realized something - it’s a bit difficult to see the different variations one tile at a time IRL. Your tile setter may not be able to easily distinguish between the different color variations being so close up to the wall - and after looking at the tile for awhile. But - others have installed it completely randomly and it‘s worked out fine.

• Sally Ferguson

Good idea ! In the samples they all look the same

• D H

@dmac1108 that was me! LOL My tile setter did group some that were too uniform. I agree -- stick around and chat with the tile setter if they don't mind, or just tell them that if they notice too many are the same in one section, to select a different color. I caught it at the end before he left and he was able to swap out a couple, but I didn't have enough time to look at it all carefully. At the very least (assuming you have a little extra tile), you can ask them to swap out any areas that you don't like if they're within easy reach once they're done, as long as too much time hasn't passed and the thinset hasn't hardened too much. Better to pop in and check on their progress once in awhile if you're unsure that they'll follow your guidance.

• D H

@Glee 4 I just DM'd you on Instagram :)

BTW, Bedrosians will not take it back, but sounds like other retailers will per @dmac1108's comments.

• Runnermom

@kay can you please post pictures of your fireplace with the chloe and backsplash with the Zellige? I’d love to see how each turned out.

• Sally Ferguson

So this is a non related tile question. Having a hard time deciding what size pull to put on drawers. My drawers range from 26-30. Shaker style. I want one pull. The pull I like comes in two sizes. 6 1/4 or 9. I wish they came in at 8. I am looking for a square pull with soft edges and ground top knobs Lydia. Tk793blk

• Runnermom

@Sally Ferguson i have been having a similar dilemma. You might want to start a new thread on this if you want more input. I’ll say that I am planning do Top Knobs Asendra and the hardware person I spoke with convinced me to do the ones close to 6”everywhere because I only had a single 27” wide cabinet drawer and everywhere else was 24“ wide or narrower. He thought it was better to keep it as uniform as possible.

(This is also because I decided to use pulls on my upper cabinets as well, and anthin g close to a 9” long pull on an upper cabinet seemed way too long to me Even though I have 42” tall uppers). There is generally a rule of thumb of thirds so a 9” long pull technically would have been fine on a 27” wide drawer but it would have been the only 9” pull I had. I think you should start a new thread and post your kitchen cabinet layout plan, because a visual is super helpful for this decision.

• Runnermom

@Sally Ferguson also I would love to coordinate getting your sample chloe tiles if you are still offering.

• Sally Ferguson

Thanks I will do this tomorrow

• kay

@Runnermom hi! Yes I will post some. We are still in construction and not everything is finished but I can post something tomorrow

• Glee 4

@sally You could really do either one. Even with 36" drawers on my island (3 on each side), I'm doing 8" pulls on my shakers. Barring the cost, I would have gone with 12" on these, but for the ones I chose, the cost skyrockets when you go that big. And when I match up 8" on these drawers, they still look great. Check out Amerock Blackrock pulls if you want 8". I got them in black bronze. They are very heavy and substantial feeling.

• Sally Ferguson

Runnermom I can send if you want to Venmo for shipping

• Glee 4

@Runnermom @Sally Ferguson I scored today. Someone mentioned Floor & Decor, so I went this morning and they had an identical one by Adessi. I bought them up right away. I did a side by side next to my Cloe - i could not tell the difference! I laid them out on the display shelf. If you can get to a Floor & Decor near you....

• kay

@Runnermom Here are some unfinished photos. (we are still in construction) But you can see the Cloe tile pretty well, in natural light. I included a side angle so you can see the bullnose too. I wish on the left side I got more color variation, but overall I am happy with it. (We will likely change the inside tile as I do not like that part)

• dmac1108

@kay - your fireplace is going to look amazing when it‘s finished!! I love this tile!! I am still thinking about using the black tile in the 5x5 size on one of my fireplaces. However, your herringbone looks really nice! I absolutely LOVE tile in a herringbone pattern!

• Heather

@glee4 was the color between the Cloe and Floor & Decor tile the same? I felt like the tiles from Floor & Decor were a little warm, but haven't seen the Cloe in person to compare. Maybe it pulls a little warm as well?

• Heather

Also, I just found Cloe back in stock on Walmart and Lowes! It's cheaper on Walmart with free returns and can be delivered in a few days.

• itsourcasa

@Glee 4 glad you found them, they are pretty identical to cloe and less expensive!! @Heather here's a pic of our Adessi from floor and decor. We used mapei warm gray grout.

• Glee 4

@heather the color honestly looks the same. Like they could have been made in the same factory in Spain, but branded when distributed. Great news it’s back in stock! Grab them!
    @itsourcasa Sooo lovely! Thx for sharing the grout too! Yesterday I chose Frost. But after seeing this, I love the warm gray. Decisions to make today... tile starts on Sat.

• kay

@dmac1108 Thank you. I’ve seen pictures of fireplaces with 5x5 tiles and they look so amazing. We have another fireplace that is curved and we are considering doing a zellige tile vertical on it. Similar to what Leanne Ford did on a current episode of her new show. She actually used a matte black tile and I loved it! Really don’t know what else to do on a curved fireplace.

please post pictures of you do the black 5x5’s! I would love to see that!

• Runnermom

@kay many many thanks for posting your pics - the Herringbone looks fantastic. I love the 2x8 size for herringbone.

Your pictures give me the impression that the Chloe tile can work well with cooler tones also.

I am still trying to get samples to see in person before I decide.

@Heather, I so appreciate the tip about Walmart and Lowe’s - unfortunately they are sold out again. @Glee 4 unfortunately I am not near a floor & decor...

@kay what color grout did you use with your herringbone?

• Glee 4

Re: “Cooler and warmer” - Cloe is interesting because the undertones on this type of tile are hard to describe in terms of color.

I think it’s based on how it’s painted & glazed. Most tiles have an opaque, dense coat of paint & glazed (or unglazed). Close has less dense of a paint coating, some more than others, which explain the variations and lower opacity of color. Does that make sense? 😜

@runnermom I think F&D ships. I can send u samples of the Cloe lookalike if that helps. DM me @remodel_diaries on IG. I’m documenting our reno on there.

• dmac1108

F & D does ship. Some items ship for free to the store near you if the item is not in stock but is available at the regional distribution center. If you don’t have a F&D near you, they will ship to your house - I think the shipping is free if the item is full price - and maybe above a certain dollar amount. I purchased some European Oak wide plank floors back in December. I had to pay for shipping because my store, as well as the regional distribution center, were sold out. The sale price was good - so, even with the shipping fees it was worth it - but the fees were $$$.

• TxMomma

What is everyone doing for their tile floors w/ the Cloe? I'm on backorder for both the Cloe tile in white (laying it herringbone style) and Silestone Calacatta Gold quartz counters. Will have white shaker cabinets, and prolly a light greige wall paint (color suggestions welcome). I can't figure out a good porcelain tile flooring for my kitchen. I guess I'm looking for a greige or light gray, but not sure if I should get something plain or something that has movement like natural stone. Or if that would be too busy with the Silestone Calacatta Gold counters. I've got dark maple hardwoods throughout but my kitchen is kinda closed off so we want something lighter in there.

This one has movement like natural stone

This one has no movement

• Glee 4

You've already got a lot of white in the kitchen. I would go warm tones on the floors to balance it out. Have you considered wood look tile planks? Like white oak? You can choose a natural looking "stain" and it will go great with your white quartz, cabs & splash. So many beautiful ones! (We just put in real engineered wood because I like it to look and "feel" warm, just my preference)

Walls: SW Agreeable Gray is a winner when it comes to greige. Not too cool, not too warm. If you want to veer cooler, go SW Repose Gray; if you want to veer a tad warmer, SW Worldy Gray. I've used all these colors in my last remodel. And we reused 3 of these colors again in this home. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel I guess!

• Runnermom

@TxMomma I agree with @Glee 4 that you should go warm wood color on the floors for contrast. Your proposed flooring would compete with your countertops and would be fairly monotonous.

• TxMomma

We have these dark maple floors throughout the house, but the kitchen is kind of closed off so we thought porcelain tile for durability. Unfortunately, wood tile flooring wouldn't go well with our existing hardwoods. We thought about running our current hardwoods into the kitchen but I think it would drive me nuts bc every speck of dirt shows. I would have loved to have white oak throughout my house, its beautiful! And, lighter hardwoods don't show the dirt as much as the darker ones. But I do think we are kinda stuck with picking a tile for the kitchen.

Thanks for the info on wall colors. I like SW Agreeable Gray alot and definitely need some contrast on the walls for an all white kitchen. I'll check the other two colors out too! Right now we have builder beige, I'm so ready to get rid of it throughout the house.

• Sally Ferguson

I took out my hardwood and put LVP white oak by core tec. It looks real and durable and half the cost of real wood. Maybe you could replace all of it.