Orostachys (Chinese Dunce Cap) Question

HU-813161413

Hi there! Just got a orostachys, and had some care questions. First, I was wondering if this pot was too small for it and if I should put it in a wider pot to grow? I was also curious on how to propionate this one? There isn’t much that I could find online about it. Thank you!

• Polypompholyx

It is monocarpic meaning that after a rosette flowers it will die but the other nonflowering rosettes continue to live.

• Polypompholyx

If you are in the right climate it is better suited for being outside and in the ground than inside. Yours looks like it needs more sunlight than it is getting. If you increase the amount of sunlight then best to do it gradually or else the plant can sunburn. The plant propagates itself. I can see in the pics that your plant is sending out runners left and right. Years ago when I had this plant I can't remember if the runners eventually rooted themselves or not but I expect if given enough time and potting mix they will root. Anyway, you have an abundance of runners. You can try cutting one off and rooting and have plenty of plant remaining if it works or not.