Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
youalready

Storm Door Color

youalready
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Need a new storm door what color should it be?

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Need better picture froM further back. What is house trim color? Roof color?

• youalready
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Snaggy
    3 years ago

Do storm doors work ?..it's not something we have in the UK

• jbtanyderi
    3 years ago

Find one that is all tempered glass.

• jbtanyderi
    3 years ago

Refinish the wooden door.

• Rachel Lee
    3 years ago

You don’t need a storm door under a porch.

• Valinta
    3 years ago

A storm door under the porch is very helpful with a storm/screen combination, or full view screen option. You can communicate with people on the front porch, allow breezes when it’s gently raining, kids can come and go without accidently slamming fingers in the heavy door.
    But, back to the question - if leaving door in the dark wood tone, then either a brown or black that will blend with door color. A full view door is less noticeable.

youalready thanked Valinta
  • Amy Lynn
    3 years ago

I agree, a storm door, especially with screen option, under a porch is very useful to allow ventilation and light into the house. with the wood door, I think black would look best.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Your porch makes entry dark. I would go white. Then add 2 more white items on porch. Maybe a white metal flower container and a white mailbox. Lightening things up would be my goal. I would probably paint the wood door bright white too. The wood doesn’t look like it is in very good shape?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

Played with some visuals with your front porch. I would start with trimming back the shrubs to porch floor height. That would expose a very pretty baluster railing you have. A couple white chairs on front porch would be so inviting and could be seen from front walk. A couple hanging plants and a small bench by front door would be so nice. Juggling a parcel, bag and opening storm door then entry door can be a real hassle.

youalready thanked Flo Mangan
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 years ago

If you do put new storm door, make sure hinges are on left as you face door. That allows you to have a bench or stool beside right side of door so you can purse or bag down and open both doors.