Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970537844

Average cost of an in-ground pool in NJ?

HU-970537844
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm working with Seasonal World for an inground pool (concrete wall, vinyl liner free form) and im already at $52K without fencing, additional pavers, permits, retainer wall, etc. I know a pool is a life long investment, however I'm afraid the total price will skyrocket quickly ...and once we start, there is no way out... does their cost sound about right?

Comments (13)

• Jessica Leonard
    3 years ago

That’s about what we paid all in and our starting figure for just the pool and what was included in the package I think around $25k. We ended up upgrading a few things, purchasing extra pavement, the fence, and trying to put our backyard lawn back together. It adds up quick.

• Jessica Leonard
    3 years ago

Oh and we used pooltown

• lecomdoc09
    3 years ago

Looking at Pooltown and Seasonal World now for spring 2021 opening. Any reason why you didn’t choose other builders? Just trying to get as many opinions as possible.

• Jessica Leonard
    3 years ago

At first glance the price was right at Pooltown but at the end of the day they were a horrible company to work with and I wish we’d gone elsewhere. They messed up permits and site plans which caused everything to be delayed until the next summer. Every vendor they used was wonderful and I have no complaints with them but Pooltown itself was horrible.

• shivece
    3 years ago

Don’t have a pool and don’t know a lot about them. However, depending on the equipment the contractor is planning to use, pretty sure it is less expensive to dig the hole if you have dirt as opposed to having ledge. I would inquire about extra charges if the subsurface is different than assumed. I also suggest you talk to your insurance agent about the impact of a pool on your insurance and exactly what your insurance company requires re: construction and safety features to minimize insurance costs.

• HU-468653829
    3 years ago

I'm going crazy trying to wrap my head around pricing out an inground pool. I'm in Howell and I've gotten a lot of estimates and I would really like to go with Seasonal World, but their prices are about 25% higher than everyone else. I'm having a hard time trying to justify it.

• Matthew Ferreras
    3 years ago

I am about the sign a contract with Seasonal World this Friday. It's going to be just below $100k. There are a lot of upgrades and the pool is going to be big (20x48 with sundeck) so that drives the price up. They did the digital design for us and when I saw the price tag I got buyers remorse and didn't sign right away. I went back out and spoke to more vendors. It seems like the price is more or less what other contractors would charge with similar upgrades. The two things Seasonal World offered that the contractors did not was 10" concrete walled vinyl liner construction and the in pool automatic cleaning system (Vanquish). After checking the market for a second time we are comfortable (as comfortable as you can with a$100k pool) with the amount they are charging. Their reviews both online and people I know are outstanding as well.

• Daniela Cangialosi Reed
    3 years ago

How deep did you all decide to go? We just signed for a gunite freeform pool 650sq ft (40 x 20 at its longest and widest point). 3.5 to 5.5 feet. I’m de sting between a 5.5, 6, or 7 foot deep end.

• sktn77a
    3 years ago

"We just signed for a gunite freeform pool 650sq ft (40 x 20 at its longest and widest point). 3.5 to 5.5 feet. I’m de sting between a 5.5, 6, or 7 foot deep end."

Well, none of those depths will permit diving (you need 8' minimum). The depths (shallow end and deep end) are determined by what you want to use the pool for. 3.5' is a little shallow for laps, 7' is too deep for playing, etc, etc,

• Daniela Cangialosi Reed
    3 years ago

@sktn77a I have 3 kids under 6 so I like the 3.5 feet shallow end. I won’t allow diving ever so I’m not concerned about that. I‘m leaning towards 5.5ft or 6ft for more usable pool

space. I was just wondering if anyone had a pool constructed with a 5.5 or 6 foot deep end.

• Jessica Leonard
    3 years ago

Ours is 6.5 feet. I have two young kids and it gives them plenty of shallow space.

• Violet Verbena
    3 years ago

My pool is 6.5 feet deep and we dive in it all the time, and from a 2' high ledge. But then again, I know how to dive, been doing it all my life, and most visitors would rather do a splashy jump.