miqdiaz

HELP! French Door Wall Oven over Microwave/Speed Oven?

miqdiaz

Hello there! We are building a house and I have a design dilemma about the placement of the microwave/speed oven. I love the look of a double wall oven except that we use our microwave and toaster oven a lot more than the regular oven. So we will build it with a speed oven and full size oven instead. Here's my dilemma. I'm only 5'1" and the way the pull down door opens makes it hard for me to reach the inside of the microwave. When I saw the GE Cafe french door wall oven I was told by the sales rep that I can place it on top and the matching GE Advantium speed oven will go to the bottom. Having french doors solves the reaching the interior problem. Imagine the 2nd photo with a speed oven instead of a full size oven. I have never been able to find this configuration anywhere to try it. I've taken the specs and try to imagine it in my kitchen (I have a swing out micro & wall oven configuration), but I'm having a hard time imagining it. Does anyone have this configuration and if so, do you like it? If not, why?

The 1st photo is of the model of the plan that we're building. I can't reach the inside of that speed oven as installed. The 2nd photo is the configuration that I want but with a speed oven at the bottom (I can't find a picture anywhere with that configuration), and the 3rd is the photo of the actual appliances that I like which are 2 separate units, except in reverse (french door oven on top and speed oven below). If you have either of these options, I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you.