Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jan72

Love the wood floor!

jan72
3 years ago

This is exactly the look I would like for my new wood floor. Would you please tell me the type of wood, stain and finish so I can try to create this floor? Thanks so much!!

Our Work · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Chicago Flooring Innovations
    3 years ago

Hi Jan72,

I think we spoke on the phone today. These are prefinished floors you're looking at. However, if you're looking at refinishing an existing wood floor, there are two ways to go about getting close to this look:

1. Probably the best way is to refinish it with Rubio Cotton White or Super White. If you take this approach, make sure your contractor had used Rubio before.

2. Stain the floor using Bona White stain and finish it with Loba Invisible

Also, these are white floors. If your floors are red oak, the red undertones will probably come through. In this case, using a product like Loba Impact Oil, with white Pretone, might do the trick.

The most important thing, however, is the experience of your contractor. If you reached out to us via this forum, I hope is because you did not have a chance to speak with contractors in your area yet. If you did and they didn't know how to help you, they'll probably still not be able to help you, even after reading all this.

I wish you the best and don't hesitate to reach out, if you have more questions.

Thank you,

Octavian Dumitrascu

Chicago Flooring Innovations