emma_derosia

When should I repot my euphorbia?

Emma DeRosia

I've had a euphorbia lactea cristata for about 10 years and he's been in this pot for the last 5. He hasn't grown much besides on the crest. I'm wondering if now is a good time to repot him (it's summer, it's been a few years, and I don't want the crest to outgrown the trunk, as he's starting to tilt). Will the trunk grow taller and wider when I repot him or do these plants start to die when the crest gets too big?

I'm also wondering if it's a sign that he needs to be repotted because his crest isn't very fanlike; it's mostly growing up/ growing arms. Additionally, I've noticed that other plants like this aren't as brown at the base of the crest. It's dry, so I don't think it's rot and he's been like that for the last few years. Is that something that comes with age or is he lacking sunlight maybe?

Any advice would be appreciated!