Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karengfawcett

my roses today

Karen F
3 years ago

Well they are still continuing with no let up and the peonies have bloomed and finished with. But not my roses!!! :D They just keep going and going. My Strike it Rich Rose finally has put out a perfect beautiful orangey rose with pale pink edged petals. Smells awesome. Reminds me of my Mandarin Orange Spice Tea when I first pour the boiling water over the teabag in my cup. Has 2 more on it!!!

I cut one of the Always and Forever rose and put it in my green vase yesterday. Still looks great. Already has surpassed one lot of cut roses I bought a long time ago as the next day all the buds were drooping on them and then on the 3rd day they were finished with not one rose bud opening up on them. How pathetic is that??? My blaze rose's flowers are almost out!!! So happy for it. My Always Rose has a 2nd bloom on it. Laughed at the lady last night said did I cut the one rose off and I said yes put it in a vase and kidded it that now it could devote all its energy into making the 2nd one like the first one. Has a third one in bud and it is getting a proper new cane growing on it!!! The Shield Rose is still going ballistic with blooms. Cut one other dead branch of it had buds on it but it never opened and the leaves were all dead on it and there were 3 other buds on it but they were not that great either. That's other has a gazillion more yet to open on it :D Campfire continues to put out awesome variegated roses on it. And the double pink knockout is doing fantastic with all the blooms on it. If I had lots and lots of room would try to see if I could pick up a George Burns rose. Start at zone 4 and I am in Zone 5b. Sooooo here they are. Starting with shield rose bush.

Comments (12)

• Karen F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Here is my next one in the campfire rose. Flowers are amazing on it.

• Karen F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Another one of it from a different angle Can't get over how the ones that created this variety of rose to put out so many different colored variegated blooms on this one!!!

• Karen F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

And this is just some of the red roses close up on my shield rose

• Karen F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

And this is the double pink knockout. Lots of blooms on it. And has actually gotten taller too. One time it was so small due to the sawfly larvae doing a number on it and having to transplant it (still managed to get 1 bloom on it) that I could cover it up for the winter with this see thru heavy plastic container like an upside down "U". Put a rock on top of it to hold it down with but left some of the holes uncovered. Survived and carried on. Well I sure can't use one of those containers on it this fall :D (fellah had just watered them as these ones were still in the shade.

• Karen F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

And this is my awesome Strike it Rich Rose. A lot of the garden centres that were selling this one online were out of stock on them!!! And when I finally got to the Garden Center near me they didn't sell this variety of rose nor did Lowes. But at one time they did!!! I found that with Lowes when they first bring them out and learned too that when they do nab one because chances are they don't seem to sell them the next year. Haven't seen this type for sale there again ever since I first got one from them and the same with the At last rose and the Always and the Forever rose. Shield roses they still sell every year there as well as my garden centre near me. The scent on this one reminds me of my Celestial Seasonings Herbal Mandarin Orange Spice Tea when I first pour the water over it. (the teabag that is). Has 2 more buds on it. First one something got to the bud before it had a chance to open:(

• Karen F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The second bloom on my Always and Forever Rose. Has a 3rd one yet to open. Cut the first one off it. Put it in my vase. The one lady said the petals on it looked like velvet.

• Karen F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

This is the lst blaze rose with its buds getting closer to opening on it!!! Wondering if there is are two different types of the blaze roses one variety that is grown in the US and ones that are grown in Canada?? Because both blaze roses have the tags in the pot when I bought them from Terra said they were blaze roses not the so called new and improved variety anywhere on the plastic tag but was saying that they were grown in Canada.

• Karen F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

And these are the other buds yet to open on the strike it rich rose. Will have to invest in some trellis for the blaze roses. The ones they sell at our Dollaram a they are both too tall for them. Maybe I can get Darlene to pick me up one as they have a van. I can't see me carrying one home on the bus. Lowes charge an arm and leg ($75?) to get one delivered to you. Not sure what Terra has left.

• Karen F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

And this is my Always and Forever Rose in a vase. Have it stood on my table looking out the living room window when the sun comes in from the West.

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    3 years ago

I'm loving them all!!!!

• seil zone 6b MI
    3 years ago

Always lovely, Karen, thanks!

• Karen F
    Original Author
    3 years ago

And unfortunately that one cane on the At last rose that got nicked with the shovel the leaves are slowly dying on it so may have to bite the bullet and with the scissor go out and cut it off. tomorrow :( Buds fell off it long ago. Was hoping I could save it ..

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting