Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Friday's 7/17 daylilies

nat4b
3 years ago

Back to hot and humid and super humid starting tomorrow. Today morning was still pretty good, and oh miracle, no mosquito bites!

Carnival in Brazil

Mount Ararat - not as blue of course (I try to take its pics before sun) but I love how nice and dark purple it is

Isle of Patmos

Swirling Water - thinking of getting rid of it, I like it, but I have to make room

My Yolk Is Easy - darker after a couple of cooler nights

Enduring Freedom - very nice this year

Undercurrent - always nice

Willow Dean Smith with a pretty trio

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis - what a great DL

Seedling from Utopia or Oblivion with a poly first flower, I like the midribs, poor thing is in almost deep shade

I'll post some clumps in the comments

Comments (11)

• nat4b
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Elegant Candy

Joan Senior

tall noid, actually shorter this year

Sea Dragon

Man of Sorrows - again the clump in more sun is done (and is shorter and didn't open fully after cooler nights) but more shade one still has a few buds (taller and opens), interesting

Thanks for looking!

• Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

Nat, what a lot of great purples and especially the lavenders! Love them! Also, great clump shots. Elegant Candy and Joan Senior also give me nice daily clumps, though they are nearly done now.

Brad

nat4b thanked Brad KY 6b
  • shive
    3 years ago

Carnival in Brazil, Mount Ararat and Willow Dean Smith are all my kind of eye candy. The clumps look great, especially Man of Sorrows!

Debra

nat4b thanked shive
  • organic_kitten
    3 years ago

Very pretty post. I like your seedlling. Man of Sorrws is a favorite of mine and I really like Willow Dean Smith. that is a lovely trio. Joan Senior is such a dependable true white. It is reblooming here right now, and is one you can count on to look the same every time. Mount Ararat is gorgeous and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis is lovely.

kay

nat4b thanked organic_kitten
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    3 years ago

Kay is right about Joan Senior. I don't get the rebloom most years, but it blooms for a long time even without that feature. I think I'm down to 1 bud now......I really like all of your Emmerich lavenders. Enduring Freedom in particular looks lovely......Elegant Candy sure has a nice form and color. It's also one of my favorites in this post...........Maryl

nat4b thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • Julia WV (6b)
    3 years ago

Lovely group. I have Carnival In Brazil which hasn't started opening yet and tends to be around late July/early August. Man of Sorrows looks wonderful in a clump. I noticed several of Emmerichs intro not doing well here than in previous years when we had more rain and more substantial winter snow. But then I could say that about several others that are not Emmerichs.

nat4b thanked Julia WV (6b)
  • Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

Lots of nice blooms. My favorites are Man of Sorrows, Carnival in Brazil, and Willow Dean Smith. Enduring freedom is one of my favorites in my garden.

nat4b thanked Nancy 6b
  • lilykate7a
    3 years ago

Willow Dean Smith rarely takes a bad photo! I like your noid. Man of Sorrows looks great in your clump.

nat4b thanked lilykate7a
  • nat4b
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks so much everyone!

It's a great season even with low bud count and all because they are not sick like last year and not as splotchy, yay.

Kate, I agree, Willow Dean Smith is very photogenic :)

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    3 years ago

Nice group! I guess I like Man of Sorrows--love the watermark--and Mount Ararat the best. The clump shots are wonderful!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz