Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

Ivan passed away.

I am starting this post for Linda. She is unable to start one. She posted this on my Mia's heart thread
Raven, I can't seem to be able to start a post and don't know why, but I wanted to tell you and everyone else, that my husband Ivan passed away today, July 30 at 1:45 PM. peacefully the doctor said. He has gone to our heavenly home to suffer no more. God's will was done and for that I am thankful.
Linda I can't even imagine what you are going through. My heart is breaking for you. He is at peace. Please let me know if you need anything. My prayers are with you. ❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏🙏

Comments (90)

• Granny J
    3 years ago

My condolences to Linda and family.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Granny J
  • laceyvail 6A, WV
    3 years ago

So sorry, Linda. It's always a tragedy to lose a loved one, but somehow in this very difficult time, the tragedy is even harder to take. My deepest sympathy.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked laceyvail 6A, WV
  • maire_cate
    3 years ago

I am so sorry Linda. Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked maire_cate
  • Marilyn Sue McClintock
    3 years ago

I too am very sorry Linda that you lost your husband, hugs.

Sue

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Marilyn Sue McClintock
  • Uptown Gal
    3 years ago

I am so very sorry. Keeping you in a prayer for coping and comfort.

Hugs.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Uptown Gal
  • graywings123
    3 years ago

Linda, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending a virtual hug your way.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked graywings123
  • hallngarden
    3 years ago

Condolences to you, remembering you in my prayers.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked hallngarden
  • Ninapearl
    3 years ago

linda, i'm so very, very sorry for your loss and for you, as well, lukki.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Ninapearl
  • sprtphntc7a
    3 years ago

Linda, so sorry for the loss of your husband. ((((hugs)))) to you

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked sprtphntc7a
  • marilyn_c
    3 years ago

Linda, I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked marilyn_c
  • Michele
    3 years ago

Linda, I’m so sorry for your loss. I pray for strength for you to get you through this painful time. To you too Lukki and anyone suffering a loss

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Michele
  • sleeperblues
    3 years ago

I'm so sorry, Linda

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked sleeperblues
  • chisue
    3 years ago

Heartfelt sympathy, dear widows. Gasp! That dreaded *word*! That *missing*! That sudden silence, with only absence where your mind and heart still look for his familiar, loving presence. How I dread this! Sending you sympathy and courage.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked chisue
  • Yayagal
    3 years ago

Linda, you have my deepest sympathy and I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Yayagal
  • DawnInCal
    3 years ago

I'm very sorry for your loss, Linda. My best wishes to you for strength, courage and peace of mind in the coming days and months.

Lukki, I wasn't aware that your husband had passed. My deepest condolences to you too during this difficult time.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked DawnInCal
  • sjerin
    3 years ago

Oh Linda, I'm so very sorry to read this. I hope you have much support and will say a little prayer for you. And for all the recent and long-time widows and widowers.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked sjerin
  • ritamay91710
    3 years ago

I'm so sorry, Linda, may he rest in peace.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked ritamay91710
  • Kathsgrdn
    3 years ago

I'm so sorry, Linda.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Kathsgrdn
  • katlan
    3 years ago

Linda, I'm very sorry you lost your husband. I wish you peace from your grief. You have so many friends here, please lean on us anytime you need to. Good bless his soul.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked katlan
  • Ont_Gal
    3 years ago

I am so very sorry Linda.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Ont_Gal
  • Cherryfizz
    3 years ago

My condolences to you and your family.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Cherryfizz
  • Bluebell66
    3 years ago

I'm sorry, Linda. Thinking of you. Hugs.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Bluebell66
  • WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    3 years ago

Hugs and my condolences, Linda.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
  • joann_fl
    3 years ago

So sorry for your loss ((((((((Linda))))))))).

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked joann_fl
  • lisa_fla
    3 years ago

I’m so sorry to read this. I can’t even imagine what you are going through. An online grief support group might be helpful.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked lisa_fla
  • Dolly
    3 years ago

My condolences, Linda. Hope you have someone close you can rely on to help you.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Dolly
  • phyllis__mn
    3 years ago

Caring thoughts going to both of you who have lost their husbands recently.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked phyllis__mn
  • woodrose
    3 years ago

Linda and Lukki Irish , having lost my husband on July 15th, I share your grief and heartbreak. You have my deepest sympathy. I know my dear husband is with the Lord and that is a great comfort, but I feel the loss greatly. I feel so alone, even though I'm surrounded by family. There is nothing that can replace that one very special person in your life.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked woodrose
  • phoggie
    3 years ago

Sending you prayers for comfort, strength, and peace.🙏🏼

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked phoggie
  • lindaohnowga
    3 years ago

My sincere sympathy to those of you who have also lost your husbands. May God give you all of the strength and comforting you need as you begin your "new Normal" as I am doing.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked lindaohnowga
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Linda how are you doing? I have been thinking of you constantly. I hope you are eating and taking care of yourself.

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

So sorry woodrose. I hope you find solace and comfort in memories.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked yeonassky
  • Lukki Irish
    3 years ago

Hi Dawn, thank you for the kind words. I didn’t post a thread about it, I tried but couldn’t get through writing it.

Woodrose, I’m so sorry for your loss as well. It is a very lonely space to be, the sadness is overwhelming.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Lukki Irish
  • lindaohnowga
    3 years ago

We won't talk about eating Raven, but I take all of my vitamins which are many and try to drink a daily Ensure to get needed nutrients. I always eat my usual breakfast of 3 pieces of toast with grape jelly and some coffee. It is supper meals that are hard. Frozen dinners are yuck to me. I try to order at least one meal a week delivered from my favorite restaurant. May have to do that twice a week. Wish I had a neighbor who liked to cook who would share with me, but I don't. In time I may need to look into meals on wheels. I can't stand for any length of time to try to make a meal and with one hand on my cane, that leaves me 1 hand to try to carry anything.

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

Lukki I am also sorry for your loss. I thought I had commented to you but my migraines are getting the best of me these days and I am forgetful. (((((Lukki)))))

• lily316
    3 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss, Linda. And it's even more difficult in these trying times. I hope you can find some peace.

• Lukki Irish
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Yeonassky thank you, I appreciate your kind words. I’m sorry to see that you’re experiencing migraines. I used to have them terribly and my sister is prone to them as well. She’s actually found relief by vaping CBD. I live far from her and don’t know much about it but it’s apparently worked miracles for her.

• Summer
    3 years ago

Linda, my condolences to you on the passing of your beloved Ivan. If you lived nearby, I would love to cook for you. I miss preparing meals to share with my mom so much.

Lukki, I didn't know about your husband. You amaze me with how well you are coping. It must be very hard though.

Woodrose, I am sorry to hear of your loss, too. I am glad that you have family to surround you.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Summer
  • lindaohnowga
    3 years ago

Lukki Irish, I have canes, several walkers, a rollator, handicapped toilet seats that fit over regular toilets. I'm well supplied with medical equipment. I can call the local Senior Citizen's Center that helps seniors with various things and I do believe they have the meals on wheels program. My girlfriend gets my groceries and cleans the house once a week, but will come help me anytime. The man next door helps too and will take me to doctor appointments. Thanks so much for your concerns about me. I should be just fine.

• Lukki Irish
    3 years ago

Summer, My DH was my world and soulmate. The grieve comes in waves, sometimes it’s a swell and other times a sunami.

• Lukki Irish
    3 years ago

Linda, thank you for responding. I’m really glad you have resources available and a support system. I work in the healthcare industry and see so many who don’t (seemingly) have advocate help or know what to do, my heart breaks for them so I try to reach out when I can.

• chisue
    3 years ago

So sad to hear we have three new losses among our KT friends. I can only guess how difficult it is to lose a spouse. I've only experienced the loss of my DM, 40 years ago. It took such a long time to accept the permanent absence of someone who'd been a constant, loving presence in my life. It was years before I could think of my mom without tearing up.

Courage, dear ladies! Courage!

• sjerin
    3 years ago

What a lovely post, Chisue. After my mom and then within 18 months my sister died, I kept telling friends my brain has to relearn this new information all the time. It's better now, but man, do I ever miss them!

I too feel very badly for new widows and widowers; I tried to imagine what it will be like, but my brain won't let me go there. We're very attached to our people, aren't we?

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked sjerin
  • Lukki Irish
    3 years ago

In my case, my Mom passed in July 2016, my sister passed this last February (on another sister’s birthday) and now I’ve lost the love of my life. I lived far away from both my Mom & sister, so it took a while to sink in, but with my husband, at times the grief is overwhelming and it’s only magnifying as time passes. Even though he was ill, I never imagined life without him.

• Elmer J Fudd
    3 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope things work out for you.

Don't try to be a hero.

An oldster in our family, finding herself a widow (not unexpectedly because her husband was a dozen years older), was resolved to stay in her own home where she'd lived for over 50 years. One neighbor did this for her, another neighbor did that. Then a few different people went shopping for her when she stopped driving. She needed to hire a cleaning service when she couldn't do that any more and had trouble finding one that was satisfactory. A home care attendant service was found so that someone could come every other day to cook and help her shower but the turnover was sometimes monthly, a new person to meet and explain how she wanted things. It got to the point that her well being was declining and she'd really worn out her welcome with taking advantage of the good nature of others.

Very reluctantly, she agreed to move to an elder living facility. Forgetting how well she's been taken care of during the crisis of the last 5 months (that would have been impossible had she still been in her house), she's never had better care. Up until March, fun social interaction with more new friends than anytime in the last 20 years, better food, better medical care (the docs visit the facility), and more happiness. Something she should have done 10 years sooner and she says so.

So best wishes in dealing with what I know will be very hard changes. Please, don't try to be a hero. Don't wait until it's too late to get services or make living arrangements that will make your safer and more comfortable.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • lindaohnowga
    3 years ago

Lukki Irish, how many years were you and your hubby married? Big Hugs for you.

• Lukki Irish
    3 years ago

Oh Linda, not long enough! He passed on the 21st anniversary of when we met for the first time, we were married 3 months later. I’m thankful that he’s no longer in pain but we were inseparable, so I miss him terribly. I saw that you and your DH have been married 50 years. I can’t imagine the loss you must be feeling as well. ((Big hugs to you as well))

• tami_ohio
    3 years ago

I am sorry to say that I had missed the passing of both Lukki Irish's and Woodrose's husbands. You both have my sympathy.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked tami_ohio
  • chisue
    3 years ago

I think the grief is a little different when then a person has been ill for some time, or when you know death is coming...soon, but not *when*. There's a lot to *do*, then...nothing.

My DM had leukemia. Forty years ago, there was no treatment -- unlike my blood cancer, and that of Lukki's DH. My Top-Producer RE Broker Mom took a desperate, sorrowful year to literally *fade*, and die. I believe it could have been easier with hospice. I don't know if it is harder with big families or not. There was only my DM and me...and my DH and young DS...no other family.