Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madfly_one

Crooked pendant lights from Elk Group International & GwG Outlet

Kevin H
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I bought three $270 Elk Concrete Pendants from Houzz for a home remodel. When the electrician installed them, we all saw how unbalanced the pendants were! Each one is crooked, to different degrees. This was due to the cord hole not being centered. Nothing could be done to correct his short of adding weight to the lighter side or re-drilling and patching the hole. This was clear to me, two electricians and general contractor who saw them.

When I contacted the three companies involved, Houzz, GwG Outlet and Elk Group International, none of the companies would help me or take responsibility for these defective pendants.

GwG and Elk even had the gall to suggest gravity would balance them out with time, which we know is physically impossible. After a couple weeks of discussion, GwG Outlet told me there was nothing they could do and "sorry for the inconvenience."

I was stuck with a $880 loss and three lights which I promptly threw in the trash where they belong. I have since replaced these pendants with other lights.

This is very disappointing to say the least. These two businesses, GwG and Elk Group International, refused to refund me anything for these or offer any other type of monetary remedy. I'll never order from these companies again and hope that others who see this will think twice about risking their money with these businesses. Terrible products and service.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022