megan_boldenow

(No longer) In search of a Macgillivrayi

Megan Boldenow

Hello, all!

I should introduce myself as well as posting my request to the group. I have been a Hoya enthusiast for 32 years. My very first self-purchased plant was a Hoya bella (I was eight!). I still have the plant, and also an H. carnosa that I have had for 17 years.

I've wanted to collect a few more that have caught my eye, but I was living until recently in places no one would ship (Alaska, then a small island overseas). Now I am in California, and it turns out Hoyas have become extremely popular. Who knew!

Specifically, I've been hoping to find a rooted Macgillivrayi, or even a cutting, for over a year now. Does anyone here have this variety, and if yes, would you be willing to consider starting a cutting for me? Happy to pay.

I've tried ordering unsuccessfully through Bob Smoley's several times, and Mary Ann is lovely but possibly overwhelmed. She keeps losing my order and promising to put me at the top of the list, but so far I've had no luck! Are there other reliable Hoya sources you could recommend? I want to use someone who is responsible (not taking wild plants) and also sends healthy plants. Thanks, all!