Cabinet professionals, help. Milesi 2Kwbpoly on cabinets w/o hardener

Rose Burke

Hi there,

Long story, but our contractor sprayed Milesi 2k water based self sealer WITHOUT the hardener on all our cabinet bases before realizing the error. He thinks it's fine to sand down and start again with the correct mix over the top, but I'm wondering what any other professionals out there think? Is it okay to apply the correct mix over the top? And since it's just the frames, not the doors, will the color be different since some of the 2K has absorbed into the wood? Should we just give up finishing now and paint them? I'm at a loss.

https://www.hghhardware.com/2346205/Product/Milesi_HSA6A457_YNPH5

Thanks for your help.

• millworkman
    yesterday

Have you contacted Milesi to see what they recommend?

Joseph Corlett, LLC
    yesterday

I'm wondering what kind of contractor would ever let a customer know of such an error? I fix my screw-ups immediately before anyone ever sees.

• live_wire_oak
    yesterday

It’s fine. Plenty of pros roll and brush the 2K without the hardener in homes. Even without the hardener, it’s still tougher than a CV. The 2K with it can go right over for the second coat.

• bry911
    yesterday

Polyurethane is not a penetrating stain. It should be fine if he sands it off and resprays it.