Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_robitaille29

Need help deciding on backsplash for white farm kitchen

I need help! I have been trying to decide which backsplash is best for my white farm kitchen design. I do not want small tiles, like subway tiles, and I am concern that larger designs (ie. Moroccan style) may look dated. I have a tendency to get tired of designs and colors and I am worried about picking a finish that I may tire within a few years. This kitchen has to last 15+ years.

My family room walls (which can be seen from the kitchen) are in Benjamin Moore Old navy with tan leather couches and from an alternate doorway from the kitchen the living room walls are in a warm grey. I would like to stay in whites, navy and greys.

The cabinets will be in Chantilly Lace, white, and the countertops will be Quartz, Hanstone, Tranquility (white with grey/blue veins). Hardware will be gold or brass metal to work with the copper sink. Faucet is in bronze tuscany finish. Pendants are in brushed bronze/black finish.

I have attached photos of the style of appliances (GE Cafe), and I have selected Sinkology Rockwell, double farm sink, in copper. The flooring is porcelain, finished to look like walnut (see photo).

I have also attached my new layout. There are 3 areas that will need the backsplash. Stove (80"x60"), Pantry (90"x60"), and Beverage area (72"x18").

My preferences are:

Option 1. tin (2'x2') (see photo, white w/antique copper) or in brushed nickle, behind the stove area (stove area will have an enclosed wooden/walnut ventilation hood (not actual photo of my kitchen) as well as at the beverage centre. The pantry area (wall of glass upper cabinets and open shelves) would have walnut wood planks.

Option 2: Slurry brick, sealed on all backsplashes (see attached photo)

Option 3: tin on all backsplashes. - color will be added on window coverings, seating cushions, artwork and paint the base of the island and base cabinets on pantry wall in grey or navy.

Option 4: Open to other ideas....

Your feedback would be most welcome.

Thank you.

Jennifer

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES