Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kola16

Love my furniture but he room needs?

Howkola
10 years ago
I made the furniture but what is some good ideas to bring the room together?

Comments (17)

• Dew Prince
    10 years ago
    the blue walls are a NO NO.
    the wooden furniture brings a natural old rusty look that is loved by many BUT....

What I would do with this room is :

- Paint walls a nude color which give it an open and free look. and if you like bright colors I recommend that you choose one side wall and paint the color of your choice like green or even blue! :) .

- I would remove the mats and place only one on the side of the bed. "a mat that goes with the one sided color wall.

- at the end of the bed I would place a cute bench or backless sofa "as I call it"

- the lamp head should probably match too.

- now for that awkward painting standing on it's own above the bed head I would GET RID OF IT! or if it really means a lot to you then trust me it would look much better somewhere like ..next to the window for example and pair it up with another on the other side. :)

this is what I think. let me know if it was helpful, or if this was of any help.

if you would like more ideas or have any questions feel free to send me a message.

HAPPY DECORATING!
  • User
    10 years ago
    The artwork or photography above the bed is too low and really with the wall being blue it just disappears into the wall. Perhaps if you put it up higher it would help and change the wall color ( although it is a lovely color of blue) to a antique white. Or get more than one piece of photography for a collage if you can not get another one of that particular item.

Here are some images from my Etsy.com shop, nancyhehmann that are high definition photography which is very vibrant. High definition photography only gets better when enlarged. I have many files on my computer too. I just noticed that you seem to like horses. Just input nancyhehmann in the Etsy search engine to go to my shop if you would like to browse. I have a variety of themes and can customize as to size or media. Photography can be printed on canvas and done in a gallery wrap which does not require a frame too. You can send me a message if you have a special need right from the Etsy shop.

I hope I have been of help to you.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    If you're keeping the rugs, take your color cue there. I would use the light tan from the striped one for the walls. Blue is not for this bed or bedding. Can't tell how large that rug is but if big enough, pull it half way under the bed. I'd eliminate the braided one or put it in the adjoining bath if you have one. Search the box above under Photos for rustic bedroom to get some inspiration and input.
  • Dar Eckert
    10 years ago
    Take the striped rug and put it under the bed so that it is under the lower half of the bed. Take the oval rug out of the room. Wood shutters or wood blinds would look a little better. Also match the lampshades a cream or black shades would look nice.
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    NICE job making your own furniture. I hope you are proud of your work!!!
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    The furniture is nice. I also don't like the picture above the headboard (maybe nothing there would be fine) and it would be good if the lamp shades matched.
  • PRO
    The Rug Warehouse & More
    10 years ago
    Maybe center the bed and put a great rug at least partially underneath it instead of the mat on the side. An 8x10 would probably do. I would also modernize the bedspread at add some additional artwork to the walls using similar color schemes! Then it will be complete.
  • garnetlady
    10 years ago
    The furniture is beautiful. I would first center your bed on the wall. That would make it look more spacious, the side table would not be up against the wall, more room to move around the bed. Paint the walls a neutral color similar to the light tan in the striped rug . The picture is too small, move that to another place.
  • PRO
    Howkola
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    You can see more of my furniture on Facebook at Howkola furniture
  • studio10001
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I did! - lots of hard work in your Ideabooks- hat's off!
  • Dale McCarthy
    10 years ago
    Taupe from the rug or a nice sage. Agree about the photo above the bed, if you must keep maybe mat it so it works better and it doesn't read all blue
  • PRO
    TopNotch Kitchen and Bath Remodeling
    10 years ago
    The picture above the bed is not looking graceful either it should not be there or you must place it 5 inch above.....
  • Dar Eckert
    10 years ago
    A sand painting or another native work from the southwest would look nice on the wall. Even something with leather like an antique pair of chaps or cowboy hats could be fun in the room.
  • despinach
    10 years ago
    I think the wall color makes your room look a bit dull; I'd go with olive green on the walls. Check this photo, how well it goes with rustic furniture! And I would try the painting you have over the bed (if you want to keep it) over a nightstand behind the lamp.
  • Dar Eckert
    10 years ago
    How about a fur comforter on the end of the bed & hang over sides or at least a textural throw and maybe a bench at end of bed. here's a couple of examples..
    Jane Lockhart Interior Design, Kylemore Model Home "Dublin" · More Info

Lake Cottage Charmer · More Info
  • mcbriec
    10 years ago
    I would paint the walls either the light color of the wood on the headboard, or the color of the left lampshide which is a slightly richer sepia tone. Really like Dar's idea of using rustic western or Southwestern artifacts to give the room some texture and character.

I would lose the braided rug as it has a 50's country feel.