Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hcbm

Any Updates on the Hot Air Brushes

hcbm
3 years ago

I need to get my hair under control. I have collarbone length, curly hair that when blown out looks fab or when left to dry curly looks great for two hours and then becomes a curly frizz bomb. Styling my hair is not one of my greatest talents and thought a hot air brush might help me tackle my hair styling deficits. Any updates on the older thread about hot brushes? I will order the Revlon Hot Air Brush if that is the one that everyone thinks is the best choice.

Comments (15)

• Rudebekia
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I don't know the make of mine off hand, but I used one with a smaller roller size and swear by it. I have a short length curly cut that I scrunch with a diffuser, but I always need to turn under some edges and straighten my bangs, etc. with the hot air brush. You can also take off the brush part and use it as a small but efficient hair dryer. I like to travel with it for that reason because it it two-in-one.

Edited: just looked, it is a Conair.

hcbm thanked Rudebekia
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

The Revlon Hot Air Brush is my new fave. It's big (tho not really heavy), which can feel ungainly but also does a better job of drying my hair. Five starts from me.

hcbm thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Bluebell66
    3 years ago

I also have curly hair and sometimes use the Revlon straightening brush. I'm still figuring out how best to use it, but it straightens really well. I'm just having trouble figuring out how to create volume at my scalp while straightening.

hcbm thanked Bluebell66
  • llitm
    3 years ago

I've got mine through Sally's (Hot Tools?) as well as the smaller one mentioned above with detachable brush for travel. I really love these brushes! I still use my dryer to blow dry to about 60-70% dry and follow with the round air brush in sections. They have decreased my drying and styling time with a better result. Love them!!

hcbm thanked llitm
  • hcbm
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I ordered the Revlon Hot Air Brush. It's arriving Saturday. I'll try it for a few days and if I love it great, if not I'll send it back and try the John Frieda. Thank you all for the feedback.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

Hopping back in to say nasty things about Sally's. I bought something from them curbside pick up back in April iirc. I waited until they opened the store to customers to return it. When I went there, they told me they were open for purchase, but no returns. I went a second time, a week later and still no dice. I said well what about the return policy? They said don't worry when you return it, we are making exceptions due to COVID. A month or so later, they are fully open, so I go ... a THIRD time, to return it.

They take it back and say "here's your credit."

I don't want a credit, I want a refund to my method of payment. Oh no, sorry, you only get a refund if you return it with 30 days.

But... I...

Let me call my manager. Can't reach the manager.

Fine, I said. I will leave it here and she can call me when she gets in.

NO, you can't leave it here.

Yes, I can, Watch me.

A few days later I get a call. Please come in for your refund.

NO, I don't want to make a 4th trip. But we can't issue a refund unless we have your card, physically....

hcbm thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • llitm
    3 years ago

My Sally's experience: Was hoping to find a dual voltage hot air brush. Looked everywhere but no dice (btw, the design and specs of all the hot air brushes looked the same to me). Anyway, saw a brush on Sally's site which stated it was dual voltage. I was skeptical but ordered. It arrived and wasn't dual voltage as I suspected. My card was credited and I was told me to keep the air brush.

hcbm thanked llitm
  • Rachel Lee
    3 years ago

Get a Brazilian Blowout- no more frizz!

hcbm thanked Rachel Lee
  • Caroline Hamilton
    3 years ago

I have the Dyson air wrap but I mainly use the brush attachment. Soaking wet to perfectly styled and smooth in 6 minutes.

• Arapaho-Rd
    3 years ago

Infinitipro by Conair SPIN brush. Love it because it rotates, smoothes hair while drying.

hcbm thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • runninginplace
    3 years ago

I have the Revlon brush and like it very much. The only slight negative for me is that the brush doesn't work well for my bangs; since it's an oval there isn't enough hair to make it curl around the brush.

I first use a lightweight dryer for the bangs and to start drying the rest then the Revlon to finish. My stylist told me to stay on the low/warm setting because according to her using high heat can strip some of my highlights between visits. Don't know if that's true but I figure lower heat is better anyway.

Overall I love the Revlon brush. As noted be ready for the size, it is large. Somehow though it's not excessively heavy and it really does give a wonderful smooth finish.

hcbm thanked runninginplace
  • terezosa / terriks
    3 years ago

My daughter has the Revlon hot air brush. While she was visiting us she used it on my hair. I immediately put it on my Amazon wish list. My birthday is next weekend, so I'm crossing my fingers that one of my kids gets it for me. 😊

hcbm thanked terezosa / terriks
  • hcbm
    Original Author
    3 years ago

No Brazilian Blowout for me. The chemicals are dangerous for both the client and the hairdresser and I sometimes like my hair curly.

• Tina Marie
    3 years ago

I had to look up the hot air brush someone linked as I didn't know what one was. LOL I obviously have never used one. What works best for me is a cut that works with my wavy hair and to let it do what it wants to do. I also use John Frieda - the gel. I have used it for years. I let my hair air dry till almost dry then use the dryer just enough to fluff it. I use a large round brush to smooth/pull out my long bangs and just a bit in the crown. My hair doesn't frizz often, but if it does, I use a redken product that takes care of that.

hcbm thanked Tina Marie