maja_krasnicka

Help pls Pachira aquatica leaves going matte and browning- money tree

Maja Krasnicka

hi all. Hope you're doing well. I wanted to ask you about your opinion on my money plant. I've had it for about 6 months and have repotted it and it's been doing really well and I recently noticed quite a lot of the leaves having gone very matte and browning. I thought it could be from large temperature drops and me leaving the window open at night when it was quite cold and windy, but I read that if that was the case they'd be going yellow.

Could I maybe be under-watering it? I only water it about every 3 weeks. When I repotted it I noticed that the root system was basically non existent , so watering it every week seemed a bit too frequent. and the browning leaves don't start at the tips. I water it every 3 weeks and I add a fertiliser and water it a lot then. And the tree seemed to have enjoyed it so far.

Any ideas on what it could be? I'd greatly appreciate them :)