kswlagain

Is There a TV in Your Bedroom?

Kswl 2

I received more than a few unexpected comments on another thread that led me to ask this question. I’m curious to know if people generally like to watch television while in bed. I am nearing the end of my work on a furnished, turnkey rental house and I did not intend to put a television in the bedroom. We’ve never had one in our bedroom so the idea literally did not even cross my mind when I was planning out the furnishings. This house will be on a six month rental cycle; I may let people renew once but no longer. ( I actually don’t want any one renter longer than six months.). Anyway I am now rethinking the room layout. I have the bed on one wall with nightstands and lamps on either side. Opposite the bed is a sitting area with two chairs, and I was going to hang a very modern light from ikea from the ceiling between the two chairs—-for reading. The light would dangle just where a tv would go on the wall. the chairs do need a light and I've already purchased it (and have thrown the box and packaging away). I had also decided to hang my boating party Renoir museum banner between those chairs.

To one side of the room is a bank of windows, and opposite that is a large chest of drawers. I suppose I could just put a smaller tv on the chest of drawers as an alternative to another large wall mounted one. Would that be acceptable to a tv in bed watcher? How large—or small//of a screen would be acceptable?

queen bed

Below is the light slightly opened, with copper colored reflective surfaces around the bulb. It’s very pretty when it’s on. And yes, I know it looks like the Star Wars death star, which is partly why I like it!

I have this going on the wall between the two chairs, and the following picture is a garden stool from Safavieh that will be between the chairs (small, just enough room for a cup of coffee and a pair of

glasses).

Here is the chest of drawers in relation to the bed:

I have a very lovely gold wooden mirror purchased to go over the entire length of the dresser, which I could cancel and substitute with something smaller. Do you think a TV on that dresser would suffice? What size?

As always, my thanks to the GW panel of experts in everything from paint color to window treatments to tv size!

• Annie Deighnaugh

Yes to tv in bedroom.

Yes to putting it on the end of the dresser. These days they are so light, you probably don't even need a swivel base. But it could be turned to watch from the two chairs as well.

Only risk is that it will disappear when the tenants do. A wall mounted one over the chairs is less likely to, but wouldn't be visible from the chairs.

Kswl 2 thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • bbstx

Prior to this house, we’ve always had a TV in the bedroom. Here we have one in the LR, one in DH’s study, and one in the upstairs guest room.

I can’t get a good feel for the size of the your room. Undoubtedly, the wall at the foot of the bed is the ideal location, but I hate to see you give up your reading area. Would it be possible to shift the chest under the TV and put the chairs in the corner? Or one chair in each corner on either side of the chest? Too crowded?

I would not have thought of this before but make sure the path from the far side of the bed to the bathroom is relatively free of obstructions. You are obviously dealing with an older clientele. DH left a breakfast room chair encroaching on the path from our LR to our BR, later got his feet tangled up in it as he walked by, and fell. He has a badly sprained wrist and is badly bruised all over. I’m grateful that is all. He broke the chair, too.

Kswl 2 thanked bbstx

What to do with tv on wall in master bedroom

I see some black!!! Have you searched for black wall? If you paint the wall for the tv black it will hide the tv and pull your black across the room. Search here and google for pics. You could even hang a couple of great pictures right and left of the tv and when it is off, only they will be noticed. Will be stunning with this concept you've posted as your inspiration!!!

Need Help with Master Bedroom mounting tv above dresser vs mirror

Thanks for your advice. To answer your question, the mirror we have now is mounted on the wall above the dresser and is part of the bedroom set. I was planning on getting rid of it when we mount the TV over the dresser but I would still like to have a smaller mirror on the wall next to the TV and over the dresser. Do you think this would look alright and if so do you have any recommendations on how to arrange the TV and smaller mirror over the dresser in a tasteful way? I thought about possibly having a tall floor type wardrobe mirror next to our dresser instead of trying to have one on the wall with the TV but there isn't enough room on that wall to do this. Our room is average size and given the king size bed, 2 nightstands, etc there really isn't another wall to put a mirror. Please let me know what you think.

POLL: Should there be a TV in a child's bedroom?

I am interested in eneguess's example of the family at the restaurant, where the mom handed out the iPads to each child and they each quietly kept busy, doing their own thing. There was a comparison made to the crayons and place mats of earlier generations. That got me thinking. I imagine that when restaurants started offering the coloring supplies, there were plenty of strict "children should be seen and not heard" types who were just as indignant that people were now bribing or indulging children with crayons as there are people who now get their backs up that kids are kept quiet with electronics. I imagine hearing them say that children should be able to sit quietly and eat nicely without bothering the adult conversation. Really, what is so evil about electronics? Yes, we would prefer that a family interact at a dinner table at home, but in a restaurant do you want the story-telling and loud laughing or disagreements or good-hearted teasing of the family dinner table? It is nice to be able to interact quietly, and maybe this family can do that too. Maybe they just spent 8 hours together in a car and are all talked out, and access to wifi while they eat is their treat for not fighting on the road. My friend and I were talking about media use in our homes. I have no children and was telling her how I recently got a huge TV because the print on news scrawls and other parts of programs has gotten too small for my old eyes to see. She told me that no one watches their big TV with her any longer, as her two college-age sons watch everything on hand-held devices and her husband on his laptop. I agree with the person way up in the thread who said that the question of TVs in the bedroom is an outdated concept. Even I will watch Netflix on my Kindle or laptop anywhere in the house.

80s bathroom layout help

This layout is very similar to my house which we remodeled about 25yrs ago. The bedroom was spacious so we built 2 closets along the wall opposite to the windows. That left a larger space for the bathroom. We removed the closet wall and added the bathtub. The shower, toilet and sink stayed in the same location, leaving only a partial wall for the shower. We closed off the bathroom and used one of the original doors. I no longer use the master bedroom so there are clothes that I was sorting. Excuse the mess.
  • Kswl 2

Thanks for these comments! I have ordered a small, 24” LG tv in white for the dresser. Thone feet will come off as I’ve also ordered a pedestal swivel stand for it even though it is pretty small to be seen from the chairs.

There is ample room between the dresser and the bed for a walker, but not a wheelchair, as the bathroom and kitchens are not set up for wheelchair access to the sinks.

The mattress was delivered yesterday and was much higher than I anticipated, even though I selected the mattress in person. I’m looking for new nightstands, probably in a lighter gray or white, about five inches higher than the current tables. Any cute, modern end or night table ideas gratefully received! They have to have a surface large enough for the lamp, a book and a pair of glasses and a water glass or coffee cup. The ideal height would be 22 inches, although an inch or so either way wouldn’t make too much difference. If white the table needs to be white, iykwim.

• Annie Deighnaugh

Re nightstands, I'm glad you are getting others as those are short...maybe one could work as the table between the two chairs?

IAC, I just wanted to mention that, for our guest room, I had glass tops made for the end tables as I have no idea what people will be putting on top...essentially invisible but so much easier to keep clean and protects the furniture.

Kswl 2 thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • Kswl 2

Yes I was thinking about doing that with the existing tables.

A very quick search has come up with A very cute metal table in a blue so they would have to be sprayed white. I love the size of the top of the table and height (25”) , but especially the style, which is similar to the bed. I am not normally a matched set kind of person but in this particular house I want symmetry in all possible cases, so I would do two.

Remember they would have to be painted white. They are all metal and the few reviews mention sturdiness, my new fave attribute. 👍

• terezosa / terriks

I'm sorry, but I would be disappointed with a 24" TV. That's pretty tiny. If I rented your place and wanted to watch TV in bed I would probably buy a different TV.

Kswl 2 thanked terezosa / terriks
  • bbstx

Instead of a pedestal for the TV, would there be any value in having it mounted on the wall with an articulating arm?

Kswl 2 thanked bbstx
  • Kswl 2

Terriks I understand that a 24” screen would be too small for you. The issue is that putting a screen across the room means another big tv that takes up an entire wall. And to put a 30” tv on the dresser is something I just cannot do aesthetically, not to mention that it will then be way too big to swivel around for the chairs to see. The person on the “dresser” side of the bed will be able to see and hear it just fine. From all the responses not a single one mentioned couples in bed together watching the same thing on a tv, so I am not concerned if the second person in the bed can’t see it well.

BBstx if the choice was between an articulating arm and no tv I would have no tv. We have lived without live or cable television or whatever it is called now For about 25 years. Even now we just use streaming services— netflix, Amazon, acorn, tennis on an espn app, and Disney (for my daughter when she visits). So not having access to stuff like CNN or the weather channel is not something I consider important. We are providing basic cable to the tenants simply because it seems everyone wants it even if people deny ever watching it— it seems to function as a sort of digital calming blanket for a lot of people. So we have it for them and I am making a concession in the master bedroom. Also, it seems that many people do watch shows on their iPads or phones in bed, so that contingent wouldn’t be bothered by the small tv.

Annie, wrt the tv walking away I have a spreadsheet of photos and item descriptions of everything in the house at move in. The tenants can take up to one week to check the list for accuracy, and when they sign it they are agreeing that any missing items after they move will be deducted from their deposit.

• gsciencechick

No, we don't, but I agree in a rental it is probably a good idea. I also like the idea of furniture glass on the end tables and maybe even the credenza. I would look at a minimum 40". 32" is too small to view from the bed. We have a TV in the LR and in the back office.

The room is looking good. though!

Kswl 2 thanked gsciencechick
  • terezosa / terriks

My husband and I frequently watch TV together in bed.

Kswl 2 thanked terezosa / terriks
  • Kswl 2

Well, there are bound to be a few 🤔. I guess if you are watching an on air broadcast like news or a show on one of the networks you’d have to both watch at the same time? What I have to try for is a middle of the road approach and hope it appeals to enough people. I called a Realtor friend who sells in this community and she advised for a television in the bedroom, but amended her recommendation with, “but it can be smaller.” She may have envisioned something a bit larger than 24” but I cannot fit any size mirror over that dresser with a bigger tv in the way. And I still think there are a significant number of people who watch stuff on their iPads or telephones in bed. I guess I’ll find out!

Another question..... i have a down lumbar pillow insert looking for a case. It came in a set of two from West Elm, and I purchased the on sale set to have one for the pillow on the orange LR chair. I’m looking for a cover that will go on the bed, that doesn’t fight with my somewhat in your face lampshades. Any suggestions?

• Lars

My mother had wall sconces on either side of her bed so that both she and my father could read in bed. She had the kind that came with a cord cover that attached to the wall. That way she could have whatever night stands she wanted.

Kswl 2 thanked Lars
  • 4kids4us

We have a small TV inside an armoire in our bedroom - directly across from the foot of our bed. We never lay in bed to watch regular tv shows, but use it occasionally watch the 11pm news. Sometimes, if dh is already up before me, I’ll flip it on before I get up to see the local weather forecast. If we did not have the tv, I don’t think I’d miss it much; we don’t watch much broadcast tv anyway. If we hadn‘t gotten the armoire as part of our bedroom furniture back when we married, I doubt we would ever have had a tv in our bedroom. We originally had a small tube TV but replaced it with a small flat screen several years ago. It’s not even hooked up to cable, just an over air antenna so we can see local news. I personally do not like the look of a tv attached to a wall or on top of a dresser in a bedroom. I like that ours is “hidden” inside the armoire.

Kswl 2 thanked 4kids4us
  • Kswl 2

4kids, I agree on the appearance of televisions, they just aren’t very attractive.

Lars, I was tempted to do wall sconces and had some picked out, but when I found the groovy orange and gray velvet lampshades I knew I HAD to have them! Also, if we ever did change the bed for a king—unlikely but not impossible— the swing arm wall mounted lights would have to go also. I sort of regret leaving the two $500 visual comfort brass swing arm lights in our old house’s basement....

• Kswl 2

Lol, Sheesh— you’ve articulated what I have been thinking since the start of this project, and what others have said (and no doubt many others have thought) on this board. You’re right, obviously, that this is more or less a vanity project for me at this point. I needed something fun to do that was completely separate from all other aspects of my life, and it has served that initial purpose. If we can make money off of this that would be great. If it breaks even, that’s okay as property is appreciating at a nice clip here. If we lose the first year I will probably sell the house furnished and still make a 10% profit. We’ll see, and in the meantime I’ll keep walking the fine line between kswl-approved and renter-approved 😎

• Tina Marie

I can ditto almost everything 4 kids said. We do have a tv in the bedroom, in an armoire. Same in our great room. I love having the tv's "hidden". We don't have cable, satellite, etc. not even netflix right now. The bedroom tv I got used to turning on in the mornings when I worked. I would see a bit of local morning news then part of the Today Show while getting ready. I do still turn it on some mornings. We have occasionally watched something in bed together, we have an adjustable bed that makes it nice. Neither of us ever watch anything on a tablet, computer or phone.

I do agree the size of the tv seems a bit small, especially for the age group you are targeting.

I love the metal tables!! May I ask where you found them?

Kswl 2 thanked Tina Marie
  • olliesmom

We have a TV in all our bedrooms. I don't like watching TV in bed, as I have sleep issues and try to go by the "rules" of only sleeping in bed. BUT, in vrbo's on vacation rentals, we make sure to pick one with TV in the master bedroom, mainly for the fact, that my DS normally brings a friend along and I want my own space with TV and my own bathroom.

Kswl 2 thanked olliesmom
  • bbstx

@Kswl 2 are you going to include a hairdryer in your turnkey house? I thought of it today when my hairdryer croaked and I had to snag one from the guest bathroom. Because we are empty nesters, every bathroom in our house except the master is a guest bathroom. Each one is stocked with a hair dryer.

• Kswl 2

Yes, hairdryer in the master bath. I am not putting one in the second bath because it is really a day guest bath since there’s no bed in the adjacent room, which we furnished as an office.

I found a lumbar pillow cover on Etsy that will be here next Thursday from Turkey. It’s amazing the range of products and styles available though the internet!

If the cover is anything like the photo I have really lucked out on this one.

Also found a runner, below, for the front hall from esale rugs. Pictured directly after it is the rug I bought for the living room. I hope they go as well together IRL as their pictures do.

• bbstx

Love both the pillow and the runner! Let us know about the pillow when you receive it. I’m always hesitant to order from foreign countries. DD bought a HUGE picture of an airplane turbine for DGS’ room from Ukraine. It came with no problems and was as pictured. The only glitch was shipping was slower than promised because of COVID issues.

• localeater

@Kswl 2 no tv in the bedroom at home, but I do expect one at an inn or hotel. But you rental is not short term rental. You stated minimum rental is 6 months.

My mindset for a place I was renting for 6 months would be very different, heck my mindset when we rent a cottage in the summer is different. I tote along my cutting board, knives, and favorite cast iron pan. We once rented a place with one 6” square cutting board and dull knives. I was traumatized.

My mindset for a place I was renting for 6 months would be ver different, heck my mindset when we rent a cottage in the summer is different. I tote along my cutting board, knives, and favorite cast iron pan. We once rented a place with one 6” square cutting board , I would expect to make changes, move around furniture, etc. I know you already purchased a tv, but my point is if one hadn’t been there and I wanted one, I would have just brought from home or purchased a small one. I would expect to make changes, move around furniture, etc. I know you already purchased a tv, but my point is if one hadn’t been there and I wanted one, I would have just brought from home or purchased a small one.

As a renter for 6 months, I would be arriving with things to make the space homey to me. I would be looking for a place in the rental unit to stash all the stuff I moved. I think the bedside lampshades are gorgeous, but they might not make my function over form cut, dark lampshades generally don’t make good reading lights. If I was your renter those could get shoved in a closet and replaced with my own reading lights.

Kswl 2 thanked localeater
  • Kswl 2

Local, I thought that there was a chance someone wouldn’t like the lampshades for reading. To remedy that I have two white lampshades in the storage closet. But because the lampshades are absolutely gorgeous lit up at night i am also considering two very small LED reading lamps attached to a vertical stile of the headboard on either side of the bed. I am really trying to think of everything!

The bakeware I ordered for the rental arrived last night from bed bath and beyond and I have to admit it is outstanding. The brand is Circulon and the stuff is heavy and substantial. I may order a set for myself, as my Nordic ware all has to be washed

by hand.

• localeater

@Kswl 2 You really are being too considerate! :) I don't want you to get your feelings hurt when someone moves things around.

I can only imagine how pretty those shades are when illuminated. Maybe you can post a picture? Where did you find them? I don't know if I could make something like that work in my great room, but I could try.

When your garden stool table arrives, do a test with a coffee cup and wine glass. I love the look of garden stool as small drinks table, but I have found that many have indented top, not a level, smooth surface. It makes drinks tippy: this wasn't a disaster in my old den with hardwood floors when my mom knocked over first wine, and then the next day coffee, but in your carpeted bedroom might not be a good idea. I ended up moving beautiful turquoise garden stool to garden and getting "C" drinks table.

Kswl 2 thanked localeater
  • bbstx

I have a garden stool that I used to use as a drinks table next to a chair. I had a small silver tray that was just ever so slightly smaller than the stool. It solved the indentation problem perfectly.

Kswl 2 thanked bbstx
  • Kswl 2

Thanks both of you! I steered away from stools that were obviously concave or convex in photos, but have a small brass tray that will step in for drinks duty if the top is at all uneven. In a pinch I have a small tray table from ikea (stand with removable tray) in both white and black, which I bought in case they needed an additional table somewhere temporarily when people were over for drinks or a meal. One of those would also work.

Local, I found those shades ar Target.com. They were only $60 each, which is a steal for a decorative shade. I will take a pic of the lights on today. Two sets of down pillows came last night and I have to take them over to the house.

I found a picture of a neon sign that would be perfect in the bedroom of a young cardiologist:

You can see I am still pining for my neon sign, but in the meantime I am waiting for the unlit one to arrive from the Ukraine to see if I even like writing on the wall before committing. I also have to resign mysel to the possibility that the museum banner may suck up all the decorative oxygen in the room, and the big mirror may end up over the bed to reflect the banner.

• Arapaho-Rd

I feel like I'm watching a timed, decorating show! You are super fast in searching, selecting and boom, it's done. Impressive to say the least. Beginning to feel I spend way too much time analyzing things. I still would love to know where your inspiration comes from and how/where you search to pull it all together, only if you want to share. What you do amazes me.

Kswl 2 thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • czarinalex

My experience with long term furnished renters is a little different from your situation. I live in the house for 6 months and then rent it out for 6 months. So my house is furnished for us first and foremost. We do have ample locked storage in the garage. Many of our personal items, including bedding, towels, etc are locked away before we leave. I have multiple sets of bedding, towels, pillows just for renters. I even have a set of throw pillows just for renters.

We are just finishing up with our 4th set of renters. All our renters have been couples over the age of 50 who are either moving, building or renovating their own houses. This is what I learned. They move things around. They bring their own cookware, bedding, towels, etc. One woman told me she took pictures of all my decor items so she could put them all back exactly where I left them. We have been lucky. Not one item missing or damaged in 4 years.

To answer your original question, no TV in the bedroom for us. We do not have a TV in the guest room. The third bedroom is set up as an office with a futon. We do have a 32" TV on the wall in that room. We provide one extra 32" TV on a stand which our tenants can use in either bedroom.

The first year we rented, our tenants asked if we would add HBO to our cable lineup and offered to pay for it. We've kept it. This summer, our tenants are working from home and asked if we would upgrade our internet access to the top tier offered. They didn't offer to pay, but we upgraded anyway. I'll probably downgrade it when we get back. Just be prepared to adjust along the way.

Kswl 2 thanked czarinalex
  • Kswl 2

Thank you for those helpful comments, czarina! Your target market is the same as ours, except that at least one of a couple must be 55 to rent in our community, and we aren’t renting our primary home. I have purchased everything for the renters’ benefit, and in some cases the goods ive bought may be nicer than the ones they would bring with them, although they are welcome to swap out for anything they might want of their own. I was lucky to find lovely all cotton percale sheet sets on sale for about $80, so they have two sets of those. I am putting good quality kitchenware in because I have become an avid cook in my retirement (and since our cook / housekeeper retired it was a necessity, if I’m honest). This furnished rental is a first for us. We own a lot of rental property that we do not manage and in fact we’ve never even seen any of it as it’s in a different state. So i am learning along the way and hope you will weigh in whenever I post an ignorant question.

• Kswl 2

The MBR lampshades on at night

Trying to give a sense of the room size. Arm of one of the chairs at the end of the room is in the left foreground. you can see the pillows finally arrived, now just waiting in for the Turkish kilim cover for the small pillow

Months ago someone suggested Yellow and white buffalo plaid towels for the remodeled basement bathroom in our house. I bought them, and later bought eight of all sizes of the same towel for the rental in gray and white.

• bbstx

I’m amazed! The lampshades allow much more light to “escape” than I thought they would.

Kswl 2 thanked bbstx
  • Kswl 2

They are not solid velvet, but rather a patchwork of gray and orange velvets on a light gray shade, so there are spaces where the light shines through.

• Kswl 2

Finally did a mock-up of the space on morpholio, below. The garden stools are arriving today and I am going to try to hang the banner so ill be able to see how much the real thing looks like this:

• Tina Marie

I love the buffalo check towels! I have a garden stool beside "my" chair in our sunroom and it is perfectly flat. I love it. I wanted something smallish.

Kswl 2 thanked Tina Marie
  • tuesday_2008

I have been following all your decorating projects in awe, in your home as well as the rental.! You definitely get things done!

I desperately need to remodel a bathroom (total gut job) and have saved your downstairs bathroom to my favorites. I do not want a tiled shower at this stage in my life. I plan to check out the solid surface material and I LOVE your shower doors.

i just now saw the bathroom you posted above in the rental. My small, modest bath is layed out just like it and I can gain some space by replacing a 60” 2 sink vanity with a 48“. I like the looks of the shower in there.....is it one piece or does it have a separate shower pan bottom? Also, what is the material? I actually like the well made acrylic units...not fiberglass.

One more question.....where did you get the bed above if you don’t mind sharing?

Love those cute lamp shades in the bedroom and the buffalo plaid towels. You do buffalo plaid well.....I seem to remember it from your precious home😜.

TIA

Kswl 2 thanked tuesday_2008
  • Kswl 2

Thanks, Tuesday! I’m at the house now with the carpet cleaner and checked that shower stall. It is acrylic with a separate shower pan. If you zoom in on this photo you can see it

The tv and stand were delivered and I think they will be big enough.

From the bed on side nearest tv

From far side of bed

and the kilim pillow cover arrived from Turkey, a 6 day delivery. The orange is more coral and the gray more chocolate, but I love the texture it brings and it will stay until I find something I like a lot better.

Finally, the garden stools arrived and the top of dead flat. They are narrow and have a small surface but more than enough room for two drinks.

Hopefully that light will be hanging in front of the museum banner by the weekend.

The bed is from Overstock, it’s a vendor or collection (as they say) called Copper Ridge and it’s all metal. It is very sturdy and a good value for money, IMO.

• Kswl 2

Some of the pictures did not post, will try later.

• tuesday_2008

Thanks for the info! One more question.....is the acrylic shower walls one solid piece or three pieces? I am embarrassed to say I currently have a humongous ancient harvest gold one piece acrylic tub/shower that even has the dome top. It is probably thirty years old and has worn like iron, but it has to go! I am going to have to take out the back wall which joins the laundry room or find something that I can get thru the door😬. I’m thinking I could use something like you show and pretty it up with the right doors.

Kswl 2 thanked tuesday_2008
  • tuesday_2008

I also dislike shower curtains......I want something I can stand in and quickly clean the shower walls and doors. Trying to simplify my life😜.

Kswl 2 thanked tuesday_2008
  • Kswl 2

• Lyban zone 4

WOW. That cushion is so perfect with the shades. The whole room is very tasteful.

Kswl 2 thanked Lyban zone 4
  • l pinkmountain

Kswl that is the perfect size TV for me. That's one huge disagreement between hubs and me. He says tv's of a certain size aren't even worth watching. I had a tiny one when we first met. Never bothered me. Had a small one in the bedroom, good enough for me. Hubs claims he can't see the tv images well when they are small, but I have terrible vision and I can see the tv just fine. I guess I just don't put much stock in the images on the screen and their quality. I prefer real life for that kind of thing . . . Hubs is gone visiting family and I totally don't miss the big screen monster being on all the time. I have been aware that it is intrusive but now more than ever. It was wanting to get away from the monster that led me to the smaller set in the bedroom in the first place. Both hubs and I are boomers, so I know darn well that life went on for our parent's generation and grandparents without these huge TV images and they never complained about not being able to see . . . hear on the other hand . . . but that had a remedy. I can't stand the loud tv noise either . . .

Kswl 2 thanked l pinkmountain
  • Kswl 2

Thank you, pink, I like that size also. And was very happy to find it in white with a light gray border around the screen.

Lyban, the cushion is not as perf3ct IRL as it is in the photo, but I am trying to live up to not making perfect the enemy of good.

The counters should be installed by the first week of November and I will have the open house for the sales center staff and local realtors shortly thereafter. Yay!

• Arapaho-Rd

I searched but couldn't find - did you say where buffalo bedspread/coverlet is from? Thank you.

Kswl 2 thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • Kswl 2

They are Eddie Bauer quilts / shams and I purchased them on Overstock. The weight it nice and light, and folded at the end of the bed is a woolrich sherpa-ish blanket that is also light but very, very warm. I thought I had mentioned it above, but about a third of my posts disappear after I hit submit. The site does not like photos very much, unless they are Houzz photos.

• Bunny

Kswl, would you still have a link to the bed?

Kswl 2 thanked Bunny
  • Bunny

Kswl, thanks!

Kswl 2 thanked Bunny
  • artemis_ma

No TV in my bedroom. But there is one in the guest room, approximately 30 inch.

• aktillery9

No TV in my bedroom but I watch everything on my laptop. So, I sort of have a tv in my bedroom.