Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kingkisslay

Arbor and flowers?

Pragye Kisslay
10 years ago
Hello. I was wondering which flowers these are and do you plan to use the arbor for a creeper or as only a partial shade. Excellent design!
Millar Residence · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Forest Ridge Landscaping
    10 years ago
    Thanks for your interest! These flowers in the hanging baskets are Verbenas. They're trailing flowers for hanging baskets. As for the arbor, it's going to be used as a climbing vine with Boston Ivy or Hydrangea.
  • dabighouse
    10 years ago
    I like how you used the brick and stone together. Very non-traditional and unique. What countertop material is that and does it come in different colors?
  • PRO
    Forest Ridge Landscaping
    10 years ago
    The Unit facing was constructed using a 4" cinder block backing and faced with Indiana Limestone that was imported from http://indianalimestonecompany.com through a dealer located in Toronto Ontario; Colour Sandstone.
    The brick is Detroit red reclaimed imported by our own company.
    The counter top is locally quarried in Ontario. The name of the town is called Owen Sound, which is the same name as the oversized flagstone piece used for this particular application. Owen Sound limestone when first quarried is darker grey/taupe coloured which for a type of mottling from piece to piece. Over time usually between 12-18 months the stone will sun bleach to a light grey. If you use a stone enhancer or sealer the natural colours of the stone will maintain true to when the product was first installed.
    We recommend using Owen sound for colour, durability and workability. Geographically speaking we tend to use Owen Sound products for these types of applications because they are readily available and in close proximity to our job sites. However you should consider using a local quarry when working with oversized slab pieces. Keep in mind using limestone especially for bars and cooks tops is less prone to staining as opposed to using a sand stone product. Some would suggest using Granite, although I find this look to be a little overbearing and takes away from the overall look of the project. We aim to have a completed project that looks and feels like it's been part of the property for many years.
    Lastly, Thank you for your kind words and comment, best of luck with your project let us know if you need any more information.
  • thepositano
    10 years ago
    I really have admired your arbor design. We are attempting to do the same on the side of a wall in our terrace. Would you describe the materials you used to construct the structure? Thanks so much.
  • PRO
    Forest Ridge Landscaping
    10 years ago
    This pergola was constructed using western red cedar and was colourized with a brown semitransparent stain.Thank you for your interest and kind words, good luck on future projects!