Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lornakate

Blanco/Elkay (etc) sink with Misterio Quartz and gold faucet

Lorna
3 years ago

We are having Misterio Quartz installed and I am trying to choose a sink color (don’t want SS for those of you quick to offer but thank you). I could go white....lots of scrubbing I know, but wondering if anyone has used a color other than white with their Misterio and if it would go well with a brushed champagne bronze faucet. I’m thinking Blanco concrete gray but have not seen it in person and not sure it goes with the faucet.

Comments (30)

• ceilsan32
    3 years ago

Have you considered black or charcoal grey?

• Lorna
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I have, but I don’t want the black hole...the countertops are so white.

• ceilsan32
    3 years ago

Photos posted online of the Blanco concrete grey sink with white counters looks attractive. How difficult will it be to maintain that bronze faucet? Is it treated for stain resistance/water spots?

• Lorna
    Original Author
    3 years ago

It is treated. I have never had one so I can’t say for sure but it is gorgeous and highly rated. I agree that the photos look really nice with white countertops and they seem to match my island cabinets exactly. If that is the case, it would look nice with the gold Faucet.

• Tanya Shelly
    3 years ago

Blanco offers color samples online. Ours arrived in about 1 week. Seeing it in person is probably your best bet.

• Mom
    3 years ago

Seconding the suggestion to get Blanco samples. I have one of their Silgranit II sinks in white and it isn’t a pure white - it has flecks of gray. Not a problem for me, but nice to know in advance - and probably a good thing to do for any of their colors.

• Lorna
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Tanya and Mom, I can’t figure out how to order their samples....can either of you direct me please and thank you!

• Lorna
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you!

• Marguerite Mastromatto
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I ordered both the Elkay and Blanco samples online - different shades of black because I have GE black slate appliances and Taj Mahal quartzite. I noticed the Blanco samples have a little more sparkle. Blanco sent me more colors than I requested, and there is one called Cinder. Lighter than their Anthracite (black) but darker than the gray colors. That may work for you. Having the samples in your house, with your lighting, really makes a difference in choice.

• Lorna
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi Margeurite! I ended up getting the samples, as well as the light grey and white sinks. I ultimately chose the grey. They are all so pretty!

• M O
    3 years ago

@Lorna Hi, I am trying to make the same decision with Pental Misterio countertop and gold faucet. Would you mind sharing a picture of your sink/faucet/counterop combo? Thank you!

• M O
    3 years ago

@Lorna Beautiful combination, thanks for the photo! We are still deciding on Misterio and the Blanco Silgranit sink material, so if you have any thoughts or advice with color choices, brands or durability, I am so appreciative. Thanks again.

• Lorna
    Original Author
    3 years ago

It has only been 3 months but I’m head over heels for the sink. Color and material. I was considering white and it is gorgeous but I’m glad I went with grey. The Misterio is so so beautiful.

• A R
    3 years ago

Lorna, is that Blanco’s metallic grey sink?

• Lorna
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Arlene it is not. It’s concrete gray.

• Lyn R
    3 years ago

thank you, lorna. i'm looking at misterio quartz for countertops as well and was thinking of metallic grey for my blanco sink....but that concrete gray is beautiful with misterio!

• Lorna
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Lyn it really is perfect! I love it so much.

• Donna M
    2 years ago

@LornaCan you post a pic of your entire kitchen please. I know this post is a bit old but I am looking at the same combination including backsplash. Thank you!

• Lorna
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi Donna. I don’t have any great pics but here you go! I love all the finishes!

• pnosovitch
    2 years ago

I have the misterio honed with a blanco truffle sink

• Murin W
    last year

pnosovitch could you please share a photo including surrounding finishes? Anyone else on this thread able to share photos of the sinks you chose? We've also settled on Pental Misterio counters with BM White Dove cabinetry on the perimeter (where the sink will be located). The island will be dark with a peppercorn stain so there will be dark elements to tie in with a dark sink but I'm also hesitant to create the "black hole" effect others have mentioned. Any feedback or images provided would be much appreciated! TYIA

• Donna M
    last year
    last modified: last year

Blanco concrete gray w misterio countertops. Love it!

• jennyelledge
    last year

Which champagne faucet are you using? Considering a champagne faucet plus blanco black sink.

• Lorna
    Original Author
    last year

Mine is the Kraus Britt Pull-Down

• Marie Davis
    last year

Murin W - I have also chosen White Dove with the Misterio. Sink is in island which has dark brown stained cabinets. Perimeter cabinets are White Dove. What did you end up with for the sink color? I'm thinking of a dark brown sink (Elkay Luxe Chestnut). What do you think?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

Elkay Quartz Luxe in Chestnut:

• Marie Davis
    last year

Joseph - Yes, that's the one. I love it, but am trying to decide if it will look good with the Misterio quartz countertop.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

It will be fine. Get a sample from Elkay please.