scottokla

I saw a bird today that I have never seen before

scottokla

I spent a few hours this evening pushing out seedlings and making a trail (see image)

through the dense woods on the very back part of our 50 acres. When I was finished and starting to head back towards the house I saw a very unusual bird that was new to me walking around on the dirt trail I had created through the floodplain. I spent 30 minutes after getting back to the house going slowly through the images in this link (Oklahoma Birds Directory) and thought I was out of luck until at almost the very bottom, there it was! The American Woodcock! (not my pic)

Very interesting bird!! I had never seen anything like it. I was very excited, but unfortunately I had absolutely nobody to tell about it that would care at all. My youngest son didn't even look up from his game when I was telling him. The only people I could think of to tell were the Oklahoma Gardening forum and Dawn!

I haven't been on here much the last couple of years and not at all in the last month or so. I don't think God makes very many like Dawn, especially these days. Very, very sad to hear; can't really put it into words.

SK Interiors
42 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2020