Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

Your usual Thanksgiving Day weather

glenda_al
3 years ago

Alabama, we generally are in the low 60's upper 50's. Nice weather.

When having Thanksgiving at my parents, we'd rake leaves and let the little ones play in the leaves.

In high school, one year, attending high school football playoffs, it was hot Thanksgiving Day and the next day it snowed. Weird.

Comments (16)

• maifleur03
    3 years ago

In the past it was normal to have a snow or ice storm sometime during this holiday weekend. Right now it is forecast to be in the 50s and sunny but then the snow and sleet that I saw today was not forecast.

• bpath
    3 years ago

We’ve had the gamut over the decades, from skating on the frozen lake (which means it’s been really cold for a good week or more) to walking after the feast with just a sweater.

• amylou321
    3 years ago

Ah yes.

Alabama:

Where we wear a jacket and flip flops in the same outfit and neither is wrong.

• Lars
    3 years ago

I am used to Thanksgiving being in the mid 70s to low 80s.

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    3 years ago

We don't have a "usual". Some years there's a foot of snow on the ground, others it's sunny and shirt sleeve weather. This year the forecast is for rain and temps in the 40's.

• wildchild2x2
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We are also in the low to mid 60s by day and in the mid forties in the middle the night.

Thanksgiving Day this year will be in those temps and sunny according to the forecast.

Where we wear a jacket and flip flops in the same outfit and neither is wrong.

Ha-ha!

I did the same through the first week of November this year. I am still seeing younger people wearing shorts.

• Uptown Gal
    3 years ago

Anywhere from shirt-sleeve weather to several inches of snow. This year,

it's supposed to be in the 50's and no rain or snow. But, today it is in the 30s

and blowing snow turning to rain. We are in the "if you don't like the

weather, wait a minute and we'll get you something different" area.

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    3 years ago

The weather for the turkey is always very hot. For the humans it is usually in the 40s or 50s here on turkey day.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    3 years ago

Usual T'Day weather here is chilly, grey and wet...........November tends to be our rainiest month of the year. Forecast is for not much, if any, rain this year, but chilly and grey it will be!

But it can be pretty blustery as well as that rain is usually triggered by Pacific storms moving on land. There have been any number of Thanksgiving dinners I can recall that have been disrupted by power outages.

• artemis_ma
    3 years ago

LoneJack, great comment!

This year, rain and high 40s predicted.

• marilyn_c
    3 years ago

Usually sunny and mild.... coastal Texas and now east Texas.

• sal 60 Hanzlik
    3 years ago

Thanksgiving is forecast at 48 and cloudy.

• chisue
    3 years ago

Chicagoland can be nice, but is more likely grey skies, and sometimes snow -- just a few flakes, like today, or an unpredicted blizzard. I remember guests deciding to stay overnight in the fifties rather than creep and crawl thirty miles to their homes.

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Per usual, forecast in the lower 60's and cloudy.

• terilyn
    3 years ago

Supposed to be in the mid 70s here.

• Kathsgrdn
    3 years ago

Usually have a white Thanksgiving. This year it will be in the mid 50s and maybe rain.