Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alana8asc

The Dawning of a New Era

Alana8aSC
3 years ago

I have read some of the conversations about we are at the end of a era and the beginning of a new one. Where do we go from here. I know rose lovers will always exist, hopefully it doesn't slow down too much. I think it has alot to with how fast paced the world is now. We need to slow down, and breathe. I know with me personally and my health issues I have, tell me this. I tried to go back to work again, just seasonal, my daughter needed braces, and I wanted to get a few more things done. My inflammation shot up high, multiple rounds of prednisone, and finally, I understand. Just stop. Before life passes you by. It's the little things.

Comments (9)

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Listen to John Prine "I Remember Everything".

Alana8aSC thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • rosecanadian
    3 years ago

Sheila - I remember this song from when you introduced it to me. It's so soothing and real.

Alana - I'm glad that you listened to your body. :) :)

Alana8aSC thanked rosecanadian
  • Alana8aSC
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes Seil! Always such a rush in the world today! I think it causes most of the problems we have. It's so very hard to be able to slow down sometimes, even when your body dictates you to. And you are so right! Sometimes what you need most, is right in front of you, all you have to do, is slow down and see it!

Sheila you have no idea how beautiful that song is. I'm sure you do, but it's extra beautiful right now because my grandmother just lost two of her children within two weeks and two days , My mom lost her sister and her brother. I lost my Aunt and Uncle, my cousins lost their parents. I shared it with them. I thought they might enjoy it. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful song. It really strikes a cord with me.

It wasn't covid related. Just incase anyone was wondering.

Thank you rosecanadian :)

• noseometer...(7A, SZ10, Albuquerque)
    3 years ago

Alana, I'm glad you are able to "stop and smell the roses"! It's so important. Thank you for the reminder. I've always gone through life by pushing to 150% of what is realistic, and now I'm paying for it. My acupuncturist warned me of this years ago, and told me I needed to change my ways or I would develop a chronic and/or deadly disease. I'm trying...I'm trying... I'm learning to slow down a bit. But I still find myself trying to do what I used to do (full time job, house chores, gardening, etc., AND get in all my doctor visits and physical therapy visits, and daily exercise regimen, and meditation. I think I'm down to struggling for 110%, so maybe some progress, but I've still a long ways to go, lol!

Alana8aSC thanked noseometer...(7A, SZ10, Albuquerque)
  • Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    3 years ago

Thank you Alana. John Prine was a genius of the heart. We really need this right now. So sorry about the losses in your family.

Alana8aSC thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • rosecanadian
    3 years ago

Alana - that's tough. I'm sorry for your family.

Noseometer - keep trying to slow down. I'll send you some of my laziness and you send me some of your "get 'er done" attitude. We'll both be better. LOL

Alana8aSC thanked rosecanadian
  • erasmus_gw
    3 years ago

Alana, I'm so sorry about the loss in your family. You all must be in shock and pain.

Alana8aSC thanked erasmus_gw
  • Alana8aSC
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Roseometer, or sure try. That was exactly what I was doing before I developed all of my issues and autoimmune diseases . You can't keep up like that. I highly suggest yoga as well. I started yogaburn and it's worked tremendously . I do the restorative alot nd others on days I feel up to it. There are free videos on YouTube . Next is clean eating, cutting out or lowering cheese, milk, sugar and carbs. Its still hard to do though , especially with the holidays here. Back on it in January ;)

Thank you Linda, Rosecanadian,and Sheila . Your thoughts and prayers are most appreciated .