Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (19)

• Jilly
    3 years ago

We went out to look last night (and will again tonight) ... it’s amazing! First time in hundreds of years. :)

• bbstx
    3 years ago

Cool infographic! A friend posted a not-very-good picture last night he had taken with his phone. I ran out and looked up and saw nothing but clouds. Bummer!!! It is still cloudy this morning. I’m hoping it will clear off by tonight and I can see Jupiter and Saturn.

• Re Tired
    3 years ago

I've really been looking forward to this. Unfortunately, it's raining buckets right now, so I'll have to rely on pictures. Sigh!

• localeater
    3 years ago

We have been socked in with fog all day.

• amj0517
    3 years ago

I’ve been looking forward to this, but it is too cloudy to see anything.

• dedtired
    3 years ago

Looked it too cloudy. Oh darn.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    3 years ago

Too cloudy here, too. So disappointed, but maybe tomorrow-they won't be so close, but should still be pretty cool.

• Allison0704
    3 years ago

We just watched. Nice crisp evening with not a cloud in the sky.

• Michele
    3 years ago

Too cloudy. :(

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

Too cloudy in my area too but tomorrow should be better.

• User
    3 years ago

nothing but clouds outside after our 4 o’clock meditation. So we bought a lovely Zinfandel and lit candles everywhere and the fireplaces and celebrated . Winter Solstice our way. Will try again in 800 yrs.

• Jilly
    3 years ago

We just looked, it’s very clear here. Could see Saturn and Jupiter, with the Moon and Mars along the other side. It‘s just beautiful and historic and feels hopeful. :)

• nini804
    3 years ago

Oh, it was so cool!! It was very large and bright...you could tell it wasn’t a star. It looked at first like an airplane light...but it didn‘t move! 😳😊 Where we went to see it, we had a clear view of the entire sky (our hood has too many trees to get a good overview of it all so we went to a more open area near a corn field.) Definitely try to get out and see it tonight those of y’all who had clouds yesterday!

• pudgeder
    3 years ago

I hope those who weren't able to see it last night will have the chance to see it tonight! Pretty amazing!

• Allison0704
    3 years ago

Christmas Star, taken with cell phone by a friend.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

BSU in the caption is Ball State University in Muncie, IN. One of my DDs saw this. Pretty neat Star of Bethlehem.

• Oakley
    3 years ago

I was so excited until I went outside and saw that my son's house was in the way!! I could have walked to the green house area but it's out of the fenced yard and I didn't want a coyote to eat me. lol.

• Tina Marie
    3 years ago

Very clear right from our front door.

• User
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Us too. We let several neighbors use our binoculars. It was wonderful! Sorry we didn’t pursue watching last night as some out walking tonight said the clouds cleared intermittently.