karmalargo

Tiny bathroom layout

Alice Edwards

Please help with new tiny bathroom layout

Comments (1.6K)

• happyleg

A helper u have there! cute.

• bluemarble

Impressive, Alice...you can do it!

Cutest helpers 😻

Ideas for Layout of New (Tiny) Bathroom

It's almost impossible to get photos of this tiny space, but here are some. We went with our first initial layout, but found we had room for an IKEA vanity rather than a wall mount or pedestal sink. A frosted glass door with privacy glass adds lots of to the room. Tell text rather than bar save lots of space and have room for more towels and robes/clothing. Thanks for everyone's input!

Larger bathroom and tiny closet or sm bathroom and larger closet

Cater to closet space. As long as you have a well planned layout for your bathroom you will be set--you most likely won't find the need for more bathroom space in the future. Your storage needs will change over time, and inevitably grow. Empty space always becomes much smaller than you imagined once you install your closet cabinetry.

I Need layout ideas for Tiny Bathroom Build

The minimum distance from the centerline of the lavatory to a wall is 15". (IPC 405.3.1) The minimum distance between a wall and the edge of a free standing or wall-hung lavatory is 4". (IRC R 307.2) These are internationally adopted building codes. You may want to read up on the required spacing of other fixtures as well. Here's a good illustrated link that shows this graphically so it's easy to understand.Starcraft Builders Rules of Good Bathroom Design

Bathroom rug?? Finishing this tiny bathroom

No rug, no toilet brush, no basket of magazines, no mirrored chest that doesn't appear to allow enough room for the door to open fully. You can replace the chest with a gold/brass etagere. I would install a towel rod over the toilet to hold hand towels, replace the dark blinds with either plantation shutters or white blinds with eggplant tapes. Add a valance that takes in all the colors used in the bathroom.
  • Alice Edwards

Thank you for the confidence! No workshop or work bench or any other human helpers, just on my head in the living room, lol. I think o just had to make myself get in here and start somewhere, now we’ll see, may not be completely perfect but i’ll do my best :)

• Alice Edwards

I have a feeling that i’m going to bite the bullet and get order this pillow cover, it’s more money than i want to spend but has been on my mind from the beginning. Just one pillow on the bench. What do you all think about this one?

• bluemarble
  • bluemarble

It's actually a gorgeous pillow and I love tapestries (I have a tapestry pillow in a spare bedroom). Found this photo on another website that is selling it for $135. It could be a richer red...

• Alice Edwards

What???

• Alice Edwards

Tis a bit rich

• Alice Edwards

Happy Easter to everyone! May you find the golden egg :)

• bluemarble

One reviewer said it was a deep brick red, but maybe you could contact one of the vendors to ask. Not a big company like Wayfair that might be more of a drop-ship.

🐰🌷🥚🐥

Flo Mangan

Having tackled fixing chairs, you are jumping into the deep end of the pool with the “bench” project. It is hard. One tip. When you get to gluing, put several layers of newspapers or drop cloth under bench. Glue tends to drip! The new clear Gorilla glue is great stuff. Just use small amounts of any glue so you don’t have globs coming out of joints onto raw wood. Wipe excess glue off right away because it will act like a sealer on raw wood and stain won’t adhere in those spots. Good luck. Love that pillow and the “helper”! Haha!

• Alice Edwards

To be honest with you, i had ordered it last night, only one left! Then had buyers remorse, i just have always loved this one, but then realized it IS more the rich red and canceled order. I don’t know why i think i need a pillow at all or anything on the bench for that matter. I am just having a hard time stopping on the decor, lol. My downfall!

Flo Mangan

It’s ok. I think a more neutral, casual look pillow would be great too. French sacking for example.

• Alice Edwards

On the bench, i’m going to get some furniture clamps today. Hubby got out aaaalllll his come-along straps from back of his truck and i checked the “NO” box. I’ll heed your advise on the glueing and floor protector, thank you.

• Alice Edwards

Today errands, tomorrow SIL Easter dinner in Flower Mound. It will be a good little get away! Then of course back to work. Contacted our contractor yesterday to try to get on his calendar for phase 1 of new bathroom! So nervous but need to move forward with that, it will take a while to accomplish, but in need of the addition to our home. As years come on, we are having more overnighters, lol. Remember that’s where i started on this post!

Flo Mangan

Have a wonderful Easter. Small dinner plans here. Sister coming over. Possibly YS. Enjoy!

• happyleg

Painters Cloth Land on the floor if you Want more protection way under the cloth plastic wrap

• maggieq

Don' rule out the come along straps. You will probably need to hold together in "both" directions. Sometimes a clamp is too hard to get where you need it. Can't wait to see you sitting on the bench!

• Alice Edwards

.

• Alice Edwards

Flo I love that pillow and remember from earlier, i was passing it up bc of the gray background? i thought i would need a tan or orange? And the burlaps i do like that color, but as the reviews said they are scratchy, which i can relate having other burlap items.

• Alice Edwards

Maggieq , thank you. I will keep those straps out as well, you are probably right. The bench is about to undergo surgery, lol. Unfortunately i cannot have it done this weekend but hopefully in the next week, very excited to get all pf your help with our bench. It has become part of our HOUZZ family, lol

• Alice Edwards

I just noticed that i have followers with pornographic pictures!!!!!????

• Alice Edwards

I guess i should be more clear! I do not like it one bit! How do i report this?

• Alice Edwards

Sorry i blew! I’ll contact customer service in the morning.

• bluemarble

???!!! What the heck...

Hope you figured it out!

• Alice Edwards

Well, not really, i think i’ll change my name but use the same picture, should probably start new post anyway, since i’ve gotten off track :) i really like that picture, it is a house up the street in full bloom.

• Alice Edwards

They may have been trolls. Dirty trolls, lol

• happyleg

Wow 1-800-368-4268

• happyleg

There is flags on the end of comments to flag them. But ur thread will be down for a while.

• Alice Edwards

Oh really :( i don’t want that? This has never happened to any one els? Any one can go into my setup page and see my followers and see what i’m talking about. May not want to. Not triple xxx but x,

• happyleg

Yes to someone else's 3 yrs ago.

• Alice Edwards

Ok boy, ok. No biggy, probably happens everywhere now a days, just wasn’t expecting that, lol

• Alice Edwards

I emailed appsupport. Hopefully they can delete or instruct me how to delete. I could not see how.

• Alice Edwards

Any way, moving forward. I got the gorilla wood glue and clamps and have straps. Been taking extra hours at work and extremely busy lately, but have been keeping up with everyone here as i love to do.

• Alice Edwards

I wanted to share something that i am so proud of, off topic, with every one here. My daughter has been working for a few years on her love of learning and teaching folks around her and in her community about sustainable gardening. Her first draft of marketing material here. She has started a quarter acre garden behind her house and in the process of over 200 plants thus far, irrigation system and planning for harvests to begin in June of this year. Shown here is approx 1/3 of her new garden area. She has contacted her professor from college that she attended years back and is recruiting hired help of students during internships at agriculture studies themselves. I keep asking her “who raised you?” Lol

• Alice Edwards

Of course mom pointed out her typos, as if i were perfect, lol, and she immediately reminded me that this was her first draft :)

Flo Mangan

Awesome and so much hard work. My Dad had a huge garden on a plot of land a friend let him use. I almost always tagged or dragged along with him. Today, it is some of my best memories of us together. A wonderful idea and will build lasting friendships and contacts. You should be proud!

• Alice Edwards

Oh Flo i am so proud! I never moved forward with much in my life. She has quit work and raising her kids among all her farming goals. She sent me a picture of grandson at three westing only his diaper feeding the goats. Of course his attention was elsewhere while pouring the feed and missing the bucket, but still cute as could be. My SIL has very prosperous business, of course she is president of his company too, making it possible to live her dreams. Me, i just always went to work , kept house and stayed by her side, as we still struggled but i’m so happy for her. Now i did get an invite to come help, but my back isn’t well enough for that kind of work, which she’ll realize come harvest time, and i asked that if i did come help, i required a wide brimmed hat! We talk about the fact if we all ever became survivalists that she could feed us and i would make and mend our clothes.

Flo Mangan

There are loads of smaller tasks you could help with come harvest. Plus, it’s not about the tasks it’s about the contact and fun shared. You will figure it out!

• Alice Edwards

I understand exactly where your coming from. I am so glad we moved back to Texas five years ago. I am only child as she is as well and we are so very close! I searched the closest Lowe’s to my family and started applying for any position available, lol. My mother is our only family member that lives so far away and just prefers it that way. One day she will need me and i’ll make sure to be there. We talk twice or more a week, she’s 84 last month, living very well in the warm climate that she loves, very independent still, but there will come a time.

• Alice Edwards

My daughter and i have an exchange day once a week, i manage to take her Clorox wipes and tubs and baskets of any type and she always has plenty of eggs or goat milk soap for us! After this coming November, i’ll only have two years left then I can finally retire, that’s when our fun begins, lol

Flo Mangan

Sounds wonderful!

• Alice Edwards

Have you ever used goats milk soap? I had my doubts but oh my goodness. It lathers so well and rinses so squeaky clean! She uses oils and fragrances of course, my favorite is greenhouse!

• Alice Edwards

The milk is the best moisturizer ever!

• Alice Edwards
    9 hours ago

Clamping has commenced. I calculated there is a order? First board to last, then legs. This is just the first board, fingers crossed. This one went together quite level. I may be slow, but just getting started :)

• Alice Edwards
    7 hours ago

Thank you Flo for suggesting the Gorilla glue. I had got title bond, i’ll use it for small projects, but glad i took your advise, i feel better about my bench being repaired the right way and maqqieq, i do have the straps here too, i know your right, i need all the help i can get. Beadsnew , i’m glad you suggested no stain, that eased more choices to be made. Bluemarble and Happyleg, i haven’t heard back from houzz about my ‘weird’ followers, but picking my battles. When i get this bench refinished i’ll show my before and after, just busy with life and circled back to the bench today. So glad you all are here with me, it’s a joy, to say the least. Still on pillow duty and all the other little things we talked about. I have taped off the area for our new bathroom and hopefully get going on that soon! Kenny (contractor) will drop by again soon and we’ll have a formal talk and plan session. I know i’ll have some questions here and need help from you guys on that project especially. Please and thank you , of course, my houzz family! Major project and i’ve been staring at current house plan here and just really don’t know where els the extra bathroom can go. Guest room will be reduced to 9’ x 12’ with extra 3’ x 4’ ‘alcove’ for maybe dresser or computer desk/reading area maybe? Is that big enough for a guest room, i think so? And, lol, busy beaver here, i have a surprise for you all in our stairwell, when i get to it, Happyleg, the garage, i painted some today, the greens match enough for an old garage and when i get to the doors we can look at colors. Well, night to all, i’m so proud of everyone here, Flo getting organized in her knew home, Desimber on her way to relocating, stressful and exciting. work tomorrow (full week). See what kind of trouble i can get into up there, lol

• Alice Edwards
    7 hours ago

Oh so sorry if i’ve missed any one here, just so thankful to every one, my new rooms just are so pleasing to me! In my own little way, lol. Ok, now i’m going :)

Flo Mangan
    6 hours ago

You are doing great! This is not an easy project. I wonder how stable that front edge board will be? Might need some flat metal braces underneath. I guess we shall see.

• Alice Edwards
    5 minutes ago

Thanks, looks like the first front board seated pretty well. If i need braces, i’ll glue them underneath? Really dislike putting any nails or screws in this piece.

• Alice Edwards
    just now

For my LS?