FIND PROFESSIONALS
sharondawn

Yes or no to pergola over garage doors

sharondawn
last year

I would greatly appreciate your advice regarding installing a pergola over our garage doors. When we purchased our home we wanted an angled garage. We didn't realize that because our home was built at the curve of the street, our garage would stick out. Unfortunately, our neighbor has the same garage, so our garage doors look identical, especially when you're driving towards the two houses. I've posted photos of the view as your driving down our street. Our home is the one on the left in the photo. The second photo is an up close view of our home. The other photos are ideas for pergolas.

We are considering a pergola over our garage doors to add a little variety from our neighbor's garage doors and to break up the distance between the top of the garage doors and the dormer above.

Do you think that would help? If so, what is your opinion on wood vs. metal vs. shingles on the pergola? I've added photos of a variety of ideas for garage pergolas.

Pergola · More Info

Pergola · More Info

Pergola · More Info

Pergola · More Info

Pergola · More Info

Pergola · More Info