Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hodzing

Building a house and I need help with the decor theme

Hoda Omara
3 years ago

Hi all,

I’m about to start finishing a house(construction). The kitchen will be visible from the dining and living room but it is not completely open. below is the theme I’m going for over all. One thing is that I need to use my dining chairs which I will include as the last picture(I can refinish them as needed). I don’t know if the dining chairs will go with the theme. I don’t want to base all my design on just the dining chairs but I would like to incorporate them in the dining room. Any ideas are welcome - even change of theme.

thanks guys

This will be an accent floor between the dining and living room

This partition will be on accent floor above

These are the dining chair I want to use. Not the table - need ideas for that as well. Also I will need to add two more chair to the head of the table. Those can be different.

Comments (10)

• HU-187528210
    3 years ago

Beautiful theme lol. Love the look of natural rich light colors. So calming. Cozy. But still new and fresh! The dr chairs can work. But don’t worry about those until the space is finished. Then we’ll see if they need to be sanded and restained

• kiffkat
    3 years ago

I also love your theme and wouldn’t worry about the dining chairs. They look fine and will blend nicely.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

can the table be refinished? it goes well w/the chairs.

will you be doing that same warmer wood tone as in the other photos? Flooring the same tone?

your chairs and material seem to lean on the cooler, ashy side.

just afraid if you bring in a table color that matches all those other wood tones, the chairs are going to clash with it.

• Hoda Omara
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I would be getting a new table and changing the tone of the wood To a warmer colour

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago

changing the tone of the wood on the chairs a warmer color? so you're going to strip all of those chair legs and around all of the fabric?

or how exactly will be changing the wood tone?

• Hoda Omara
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes I would be striping the colour on the wood of the chairs all around and restain them

• kiffkat
    3 years ago

Stripping all the wood off the chairs and restaining them is not an easy task (unless you’re experienced at this). The wood does not have to exactly match. As long as the tones are the same it will look fine. I would not go overboard worrying about the chairs, it’s too early. At a minimum, wait until you get a new table.

• kiffkat
    3 years ago

I would also like to add that sometimes mixing wood tones looks interesting and work’s well especially if you have other cool and warm woods strategically placed throughout your home. So again, don’t sweat the chairs. Wait until your space comes together and enjoy the process!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago

have you ever done it? trying to protect that fabric from the new stain, stripping off the old to make a lighter warmer stain, sanding, staining, etc, is a lot of work. plus those legs and framing have a lot of ornate grooves and crannies. You'd be better off painting than staining

or just hold off on the chairs until it's all done. lets see how it looks. you're worried about these chairs right now and the room isn't done yet. Or is it finished? the floors, cabinets, kitchen, is done?

• Hoda Omara
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Nothing is done yet. The house is core and shell