Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colleenoz

Lemon Squares made with Lemon Curd recipe

colleenoz
3 years ago

These are very popular at work and my picky MIL (I love her dearly but she is very particular about food and eats like a bird) even asked for the leftovers to take home with her after a family picnic :-)

Lemon Squares

Note, these measurements are all by weight

Crust:

4 oz butter (not margarine)

2 oz superfine sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

5 oz all purpose flour

Filling:

2 oz superfine sugar

2 Tblsp all purpose flour

2 eggs

5oz lemon curd

5 Tblsp fresh lemon juice

2 Tblsp confectioner's sugar to dust top

Preheat oven to 350F. Line 8" square baking pan with foil or baking paper.

Melt butter then stir in sugar and vanilla. Add flour and press dough into the bottom of the baking pan in an even layer. Bake for 30 mins or until golden. Remove from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 300F (though truth be told I usually don't bother).

Stir topping sugar and flour together. Whisk in the eggs, then the lemon curd and juice. Pour filling over baked crust and return pan to the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly set.

Cool in pan then slide out of the pan using the liner. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container. (I keep mine in the fridge.) Dust with confectioner's sugar just before serving (I don't bother but it does look nice.)

Enjoy!

Comments (3)

• sjerin
    3 years ago

These sound wonderful! I hope to try them in the near future--thanks for posting, Coleen.

colleenoz thanked sjerin
  • chloebud
    3 years ago

Colleen, thanks for posting this. I'm such a lemon lover and lemon bars are a HUGE favorite at our house. Can't tell you how often I make them, and having a lemon tree helps. :-)

colleenoz thanked chloebud
  • patriciae_gw
    3 years ago

Lemon curd was my favorite as a child. I always wanted Lemon Jelly (aka lemon curd) cake for my birthday. These squares sound really good.

colleenoz thanked patriciae_gw